Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 07:09 AM

3 posts, read 6,794 times

Advertisements

man that sucks big time and i hate that they did that to u...also u need to be careful when and if u are driving through allen on hi-way 1 that is a speed trap...any time the town gets broke they set up there little speed trap and try and catch all the people going to and from work....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 08:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,810 times
Default Garvin co deputys

I am sorry that you had this bad experince .But the deputys are not the only ones who do this.A lot of small town police officers do things that
are against our constitional rights and freedoms.Its a good thing that most
of the public don't do law suits or most towns would be sued out of existance.We also have some who try to do whats right,I know a few of them.But as usual, a rotten apple makes the whole barrel look bad.To Bad
for the ones who are decent and have job ethics.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:01 AM

118 posts, read 290,180 times
You know it don't really matter what we think about them, they have there own set of laws, and they are not the same as the ones they want us to obey, it's the do as I want, and not as I do. They can get by with shooting a kid, and killing him, with and nothing happen's to them.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:34 PM

3 posts, read 5,048 times
Angry garvin county

I am sad you had a bad experience with garvin county.But you think that is bad don't go through Elmore City,OK. The officers there are very tight and they don't like truck drivers. If there is a pot hole in the middle of the road and you swing out to miss it,bet your but your going to get a ticket for crossing center line,about 450.00 worth,and if your a trucker be ware it will be more...I go around that town about 20 miles out of way i will never shop,stop,or buy gas ion that town. I know of several other truck drivers to avoid that area..And yes for the county of garvin,the sheriffs office is very unkoof...no professionalism there...

Old 07-17-2010, 01:41 PM

Yep,garvin county cops are all the same they eat,sleep,together....bad cops,bad cops,will come for you!!garvin county sucks...guess whos voting for sheriff? Not me!!!

Old 07-17-2010, 01:46 PM

I was always taught that no one is above the law. My husband spent 33 years in the air force,and he got pulled over in garvin county,for crossing the yellow line? On a brick road? Imagine that for a war veteran...god rest his sole...he would turn over in his grave if he knew his hometown was such a reflection of bad boys...

Old 07-18-2010, 12:36 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,255,036 times
I alway wear my safety belts. So a few years ago I was driving down 15th ST in Tulsa and passed (going in opposite directions) a TPD police car. I was going East and it was going west. When I looked in the rear view mirror I notice it flipped around in the middle of the street and turn its lights on. So I pulled over to let the police car pass, but then it pulled behind me and a female cop got out of the car and told me when she had passed by me she saw I was not wearing my seat belts. I was wearing my seat belts and my passenger told her the same. She then said "You can either take the $25 ticket for not wearing a seat Belt or you can take a $75 for running a stop sign." I ask her "What Stop sign???? Then she just repeated herself. I took the ticket for the seat belt. There was no stop sign.

I should have fought it.

About a year later, my cousin went out to a bar with a few friends of his. My cousin does not drink so he was going to drive the other two guys home. At about midnight they left the bar because they all worked the next day, and a few blocks from the bar a Tulsa cop pulled them over and arrested the two passengers for public drunk and arrested my cousin for DUI even though he had not been drinking. When they got them downtown they took blood from my cousin and about 7 AM he was let go because it came up neg. We all think they were arrested because they had been to a gay bar.

The other two men had only had a few drinks so they we let go around 10 am. But my cousin's car was impounded at Story Wrecker and he had to pay something like 250 to get it out.

We found out later you can be charged with public drunk even if you are inside a bar, and you don't even have to be intoxicated. The cop has to just suspect that you have been drinking.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:51 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,442,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
I alway wear my safety belts. So a few years ago I was driving down 15th ST in Tulsa and passed (going in opposite directions) a TPD police car. I was going East and it was going west. When I looked in the rear view mirror I notice it flipped around in the middle of the street and turn its lights on. So I pulled over to let the police car pass, but then it pulled behind me and a female cop got out of the car and told me when she had passed by me she saw I was not wearing my seat belts. I was wearing my seat belts and my passenger told her the same. She then said "You can either take the $25 ticket for not wearing a seat Belt or you can take a $75 for running a stop sign." I ask her "What Stop sign???? Then she just repeated herself. I took the ticket for the seat belt. There was no stop sign.

I should have fought it.

About a year later, my cousin went out to a bar with a few friends of his. My cousin does not drink so he was going to drive the other two guys home. At about midnight they left the bar because they all worked the next day, and a few blocks from the bar a Tulsa cop pulled them over and arrested the two passengers for public drunk and arrested my cousin for DUI even though he had not been drinking. When they got them downtown they took blood from my cousin and about 7 AM he was let go because it came up neg. We all think they were arrested because they had been to a gay bar.

The other two men had only had a few drinks so they we let go around 10 am. But my cousin's car was impounded at Story Wrecker and he had to pay something like 250 to get it out.

We found out later you can be charged with public drunk even if you are inside a bar, and you don't even have to be intoxicated. The cop has to just suspect that you have been drinking.
The same thing happened to me in SoCal. I was on my way up the mountain to go fishing.I pull off on a turn off were you can view everything below. before I got out a county sherriff pulled in front of me, made me get out and do a sabtioty test and before I could say "how about a breath test" he had me slammed across the hood of my El Camino. He took me in to the station. acouple hours later after they did the blood test on me, all the paper work disappeared. (I don't drink). But I still had to pay $400.00 to get my El Camino out of impound. That still pisses me off.
Later I found I could have taken them to court for "false arrest". That is, if there was any paper work.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:09 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,151,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
The same thing happened to me in SoCal. I was on my way up the mountain to go fishing.I pull off on a turn off were you can view everything below. before I got out a county sheriff pulled in front of me, made me get out and do a sobriety test and before I could say "how about a breath test" he had me slammed across the hood of my El Camino. He took me in to the station. A couple hours later after they did the blood test on me, all the paper work disappeared. (I don't drink). But I still had to pay $400.00 to get my El Camino out of impound. That still pisses me off.
Later I found I could have taken them to court for "false arrest". That is, if there was any paper work.
I would have sued the tow company then for "Unauthorized towing of a motor vehicle", if the cops could cough up the paper work for the false arrest.
A fella I know ran out of gas and hoofed it to a gas station about two mile down the road and found his car was gone by the time he had returned to were he left it. He call the PD about it and they said that it was towed because it was found to be abandoned. (To be towed it must be abandon for more than 24 hours in Ohio) They gave him a "Free Retrieval Order slip to get it back without cost and he found that it had been rifled through and several things were missing. When he said that he was going down the street to his lawyers office (that's where he was headed when he ran out of gas) and that when he returned all his crap had better be back where it come from, or the lawyer would be taking care of the problem. Well, when he returned, all of his stuff was back in the car plus a load of tapes he never owned.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:14 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,442,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
I would have sued the tow company then for "Unauthorized towing of a motor vehicle", if the cops could cough up the paper work for the false arrest.
A fella I know ran out of gas and hoofed it to a gas station about two mile down the road and found his car was gone by the time he had returned to were he left it. He call the PD about it and they said that it was towed because it was found to be abandoned. (To be towed it must be abandon for more than 24 hours in Ohio) They gave him a "Free Retrieval Order slip to get it back without cost and he found that it had been rifled through and several things were missing. When he said that he was going down the street to his lawyers office (that's where he was headed when he ran out of gas) and that when he returned all his crap had better be back where it come from, or the lawyer would be taking care of the problem. Well, when he returned, all of his stuff was back in the car plus a load of tapes he never owned.
The Tow Truck belonged to the County Sheriffs Dept,.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma