Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2009, 07:57 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times

Advertisements

Yes, Syn, our move is working out very well. Our only bump in the road is Scott. He's still not happy here, but he's doing okay in school. I don't think he loves the program, but he's doing it. He's still at loose ends, even though he's met some friends. I think a lot of it has to do with his age, too (19). On and off he talks about joining the military, but he is (obviously) concerned about being maimed or killed in either Iraq or Afganistan, where he knows he'll be sent.

So many times I wished that kids came with instruction manuals. . . . . .

Old 01-30-2009, 08:46 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post

So many times I wished that kids came with instruction manuals. . . . . .
There have been times I'd have rather had a baseball bat and a roll of duct tape!

But there have been a lot more times I'd have used them on some other kid's parents, after seeing and hearing how they treated their kids.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:32 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Default One last pic of the 1/09 ice storm

Melting polar ice caps!

Old 01-30-2009, 09:52 PM

119 posts, read 369,137 times
OOOhhhh. That's my favorite. very "cool".

Old 01-31-2009, 07:40 AM

I just found this little Canon A590 I got for my birthday has a photo stitch program. (It stitches together multiple photographs into one pic.) Here is my backyard in Hughes County, *south central OK, facing North by NNE. Pretty nifty program.

This is where my GSD and I take our walks. There is nothing more beautiful than watching a german shepherd running in the pasture chasing scents on the ground and in the air. No leash, no leash laws, no neighbors, just peace and quiet.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:56 PM

142 posts, read 346,189 times
Congrats Colleen on finding board for you horse! I wondered how you were making out with that.
Beautiful pics of your winter and the the GSD is absolutely beautiful.
Ed and I are coming out on the 18th to look at some places,hoping to find a place were my dogs can run free. A place with nice big pastures. Still having a hard time trying to figure out what medical assistants make in OK. Can't wait to feel warm sunshine on my face. If it rains the whole time I will just cry.

Who to call to haul my horses from Maine to OK? Trying to figure out if it would be best to have a professionial (spelling) do it or leave my worldly goods here and just haul the horses myself.

Please keep the pictures coming,I really enjoy looking at them. Looking forward to seeing Anna's horse.
KrisK

Old 01-31-2009, 01:00 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I just found this little Canon A590 I got for my birthday has a photo stitch program. (It stitches together multiple photographs into one pic.) Here is my backyard in Hughes County, *south central OK, facing North by NNE. Pretty nifty program.

This is where my GSD and I take our walks. There is nothing more beautiful than watching a german shepherd running in the pasture chasing scents on the ground and in the air. No leash, no leash laws, no neighbors, just peace and quiet.

I'd be in heaven if I lived there. Beautiful picture. Canon cameras are great. I have an A540 that takes great pictures. The only thing I don't like is that my a540 doesn't have RAW output capability, which gives you tons more options to work with the photos after capture.

I hear those have a short battery life though. If yours can only last a short while with the batteries you are using, I suggest you buy some rechargeable Energizer batteries (those are best for cameras, even better for cameras than duracell) and a charger. Both will only cost you about $20 total; the batteries last a LONG time and when they do run out, you can pop the other two that have charged in and return the depleted batteries to the charging cradle.

Also, to conserve battery power, you can turn off the LCD screen, which is power hungry. I use the viewfinder on mine anyway so turning off the LCD makes no difference.

I see that the a590 has RAW capability. I encourage you to look into using this feature; it will allow you to take even sharper pictures.

Colleen, your son is a typical teenager; aching to make up his mind. They all go through this type of stuff.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:15 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk590 View Post
Congrats Colleen on finding board for you horse! I wondered how you were making out with that.
Beautiful pics of your winter and the the GSD is absolutely beautiful.
Ed and I are coming out on the 18th to look at some places,hoping to find a place were my dogs can run free. A place with nice big pastures. Still having a hard time trying to figure out what medical assistants make in OK. Can't wait to feel warm sunshine on my face. If it rains the whole time I will just cry.

Who to call to haul my horses from Maine to OK? Trying to figure out if it would be best to have a professionial (spelling) do it or leave my worldly goods here and just haul the horses myself.

Please keep the pictures coming,I really enjoy looking at them. Looking forward to seeing Anna's horse.
KrisK
Call us when you get in if you find you have time.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:29 PM

Default Very cool Oklahoma pics

If would like to read some interesting history of Oklahoma and view some cool pics, click the link and have at it.

It's a Gusher!—Oil Wells and Entreprenuers in Oklahoma, 1890s to 1930s

Clock "forward" arrow on bottom right hand.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:21 PM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 405travelgirl View Post
man, there are some beautiful pictures here!

random dirt road between Stillwater & Glencoe

lightning shot in Glencoe, OK

sometimes it snows!! i think this was in Jan 2007 Glencoe, OK

park in Stillwater, OK

Man, all those beautiful pics, brings back memories! *sigh*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma