Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 01:11 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,273,824 times

Advertisements

Is the Lawtonian still in business as a retirement home? The band I was in used to come up and play there occasionally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 05:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,852 times
The building is still there at one time it was a hotel,then as a retirement home now it's apartments.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:02 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,273,824 times
Thanks for the reply!

Old 03-16-2011, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,837 times
Any open all night restaurants in lawton?

Old 03-17-2011, 04:55 PM

81 posts, read 295,089 times
only a few that I can think of.

I-HOP on 28th and Cache Rd.
Big Chef on Lee Blvd next to Motel 6 (truck stop style food)
Leo & Kens (I think) on Lee Blvd across the street from Big Chef. (Truck Stop food)

I think that is all besides McDonalds and I think Braums but I don't classify them as Resturants.

Not alot to choose from uh?

Old 03-18-2011, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,701 times
Stationed there in 1988 and remember a place called the retiree's club/bar. Heard of it? Is it still there?? Lost touch with an old friend last name of Pascal that was a civilian and lived in Lawton and frequented the mentioned club. Reading your comments and found it all really interesting. Keep it up - nice information being provided.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:41 PM

9,916 posts, read 10,872,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Let us start with museums. Yes, there is a museum that is next to a park that harbored some prarrie dogs that were bothering no one. But the city illegally poisoned the dogs in the middle of the night and was sued by the EPA for illegal use of dangerous chemicals therefore possibly poisioning the water table. Do not drink the water at the museum if you want to visit it. The taxpayers are now stuck paying the fine imposed on Lawton for its inhumane and blatant disregard for it's citizens. I would not recommend eating any fish in the lake that is next to the poisoned dogs which is next to the museum either. There was a proposed building of another mall, but the city fathers nixed that because the one and only mall did not want any competition. If you visit the only mall, watch your back because it is all gangs hanging out in it. You would think by building a new county jail "right next to the only mall" in town that there would be some cop presence. Think again. But it a gorgeous county jail building sitting right next to the only mall in town. You would be safer shopping at one of the 2 Wal-marts. Yes, Lawton has become a 2 wal-mart town. How special is that? There is also a Philharmonic Center but that is full of mold because it was built in a hole and floods everytime it rains. Movie theaters - There used to be one on 38th Street that closed down so to build a huge Movie Theater on Cache Road that also closed down. If you want to see a Movie, you go to the only Mall but pack a weapon because of all the gang activity in and around the mall. Attractions consist of Pawn Shops, Used Car Lots, Fast Food Joints and Banks. As far as Boutiques? There is a Tea Room that has been for sale for 2 years now. As far a nightlife -- A lot of bars come to mind. As soon as the sun goes down, a hooker is not hard to find, if that is what you consider nightlife. I can go on and on but I have to go double lock all my doors because the sun is going down. Feel free to ask more specifics.
So sounds like Lawton really not a great place to raise a family.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:25 AM

81 posts, read 295,089 times
Don't believe everything you read.

1/2 those comments by Deacon are wrong.

and the other 1/2 are partically right.

Read the enitre thread to see the truths about Lawton. It isn't as bad as he made it out to be.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:33 PM

34,347 posts, read 20,621,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j67bubba View Post
Don't believe everything you read.

1/2 those comments by Deacon are wrong.

and the other 1/2 are partially right.

Read the enitre thread to see the truths about Lawton. It isn't as bad as he made it out to be.
Good posting j67bubba! I went to school in Lawton back in 77 at Cameron. They had a great basketball team that year and shared the 4th floor of the dorm with us.

A lot has changed in Lawton. As a young college student, we had a LOT of fun in those days.

I love the museum on Fort Sill. I knew the curator there and was able to see a LOT of the behind the scenes archeology collections.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,606 times
Default Where are the hookers?

Where can a guy find a hooker? I haven't seen one here yet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma