Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 11:49 AM

10 posts, read 17,734 times

Advertisements

If he is in basic training then he won't have nearly as much exposure to the gang problems here at Sill. The kids that are exposed to it the most are the high school age kids and the younger soldiers who are stationed at Ft Sill.

I hope that puts your mind to ease a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherduckof4 View Post
Can you please tell me if there is really gang problem at Fort Sill I have a son that just got there for basic training and now I am worried sick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 01:29 AM

3 posts, read 7,454 times
Default lawton people

hi lets see how well you know lawton. who was the lawton guy that just had a head on with a truck? it happened in ardmore

Old 07-20-2010, 01:46 AM

3 posts, read 7,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkztg1 View Post
If he is in basic training then he won't have nearly as much exposure to the gang problems here at Sill. The kids that are exposed to it the most are the high school age kids and the younger soldiers who are stationed at Ft Sill.

I hope that puts your mind to ease a little.
I have friends that luive in lawton and work at fortsills there is gangs all over that town there is a shooting all the time houses broken in it is a rough town

Old 07-27-2010, 09:27 AM

11 posts, read 25,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisyoakam View Post
I have friends that luive in lawton and work at fortsills there is gangs all over that town there is a shooting all the time houses broken in it is a rough town
It's difficult for me to argue with such an eloquent and educated statement.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:56 PM

81 posts, read 293,494 times
Quote:

If you believe this guys comment then you should be scared. Not because of the gangs but because his High School Diploma was printed off the internet. GOOD GOD dude, spell check your stuff before posting.

Ok, now to the real news:
Yes, Lawton has gangs, and as I have posted in other areas, what town the size of Lawton or larger than Lawton doesn't have gangs.

The Police in Lawton know where they are, what they are doing and rein in any trouble makers when needed.

As far as your son, you should rest easy. He is too busy learning how to be an outstanding soldier to worry about where the gangs are in Lawton.

NOTE: I am from Lawton, Live here, Love it here.
Hope that helps?

Old 10-04-2010, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,590 times
Default Help

I am moving to Lawton very soon to join my husband at Ft. Sill. We have decided to live off post and have 4 pets 3 dogs and a cat. I have been told that we can only have 3 total. How do we get aroung this? Someone said i would have to get some kind of licence for more than 3 animals. What kind of licence are they talking about and how do i go about getting it? Please help thanks to all the help in advance.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:51 AM

81 posts, read 293,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogsare4u2002 View Post
I am moving to Lawton very soon to join my husband at Ft. Sill. We have decided to live off post and have 4 pets 3 dogs and a cat. I have been told that we can only have 3 total. How do we get aroung this? Someone said i would have to get some kind of licence for more than 3 animals. What kind of licence are they talking about and how do i go about getting it? Please help thanks to all the help in advance.
Inside the city limits of Lawton it is getting harder and harder to have a family of pets the size you have. You have to have get each animal a license, if they are not spayed or nuetured the license will cost more.

I know it sounds silly, but because of the city increasing their fees for having pets, some people are moving outside the city limits where there is not a requirement to have a license only to have each pet get their yearly shots as needed.

There is plenty of houses for rent and for sale that are just outside the lawton city limits that are 10 - 20 minutes from Lawton/ Ft. Sill.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:03 AM

3 posts, read 8,326 times
Quote:
So-- are you saying that you aren't a product of Lawton Public Schools? Whew! That's a relief!

Old 01-04-2011, 04:16 AM

3 posts, read 8,326 times
Question WOW is housing CHEAP in Lawton! So what's the dirt on dirt?

Okay--love the comments-- very helpful. Here's a weird on for you.... How's the dirt? My husband is considering applying for a position... and I keep having vivid dreams about orchards and gardens in my back yard. Looking at houses, we could afford something with big huge flat lot and put in this yummy orchard that haunts me at night-- but would it be smart? Are there many gardeners in Lawton? Are there garden centers other than Walmart and Home Depot? Does the city do composing of yard wastes and such (The Seattle area is awesome for that BTW)

Oh yeah-- and after reading all this stuff, I'm still ready, willing, and able to relocate to the Lawton area and put down some permanent roots, if they offer him the job. (There are worse places to live.... trust me.) (And no-- Seattle was 2 moves ago)

Old 01-13-2011, 04:37 PM

81 posts, read 255,161 times
I remember going to Grandma's house in Lawton in the late 50's and eating lot's of LaSills ice cream as a kid..Sure do miss it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma