Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 01:40 PM

32 posts, read 99,463 times

Advertisements

The hubby and I are currently looking at house rentals in Yukon. We've been here for two years and have grown to like it. I've considered a move to Edmond, but the hubby isn't interested. Anyway, I've been looking at craigslist because a friend of ours found a Yukon house in an area we like. That seems to be our biggest hurdle (finding one in the specific communities we like). We've also been looking online and the paper. Not having much luck yet, but will keep looking.

My question is: there are a lot of rentals in Edmond and I'm wondering why. It's a great area so I guess I'm curious as to why so many rentals there, and fewer over here. It seems that both areas are building many new home developments. Sorry if it's a weird question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 08:16 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,953 times
I'll just take a wild guess. Edmond is a place where corporate transferees are moving in and out all the time. If they are transferred to a new place, they move whether their house is sold or not.

The housing market for homes around $200K that are not brand new must be a little slow lately. For example, our son and his wife lived in Deer Creek, but were transferred to Maryland. Their house has been on the market for 8 months now, and they are considering renting the house because they are making 2 house payments.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:29 AM

That makes sense. I noticed that a lot of the homes listed are asking for around $2000 and up for rent. I thought "who would rent for that much money?". But I guess it's people who aren't here permanently and can afford it. ??

Old 05-24-2008, 08:50 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,953 times
Our son has a generous housing allowance, so they are not too worried. Looking back, they would have been better off leasing a home instead of buying, since they ended up only spending 2 years here.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:50 AM

11 posts, read 35,221 times
Have you tried contacting a Realtor or Property Manager? (Yes, I'm both)
There appear to be some very nice Homes available w/in Yukon between $900 and $1,400 a month.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson96 View Post
Have you tried contacting a Realtor or Property Manager? (Yes, I'm both)
There appear to be some very nice Homes available w/in Yukon between $900 and $1,400 a month.
Thanks for your post. I haven't done that because....I didn't know it was an option. I may get in touch with you at some point. We are going to see if we win the St. Jude dream home this weekend, and if not, then start looking for a place. hehe

Old 06-25-2008, 11:42 AM

120 posts, read 424,989 times
yes, there are also property management companies that list rent/lease homes.
A realtor would be a good choice too. I know Yukon isn't really a rental rich place though. Seems most of the homes there are for purchase and very few for "rent"
good luck in your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
View detailed profiles of: