Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,731 times

Advertisements

My head is spinning right now, just found out I got a job in Oklahoma City and we currently live in southern Oklahoma near the Texas border. I was ecstatic until we started looking for a place!

For the past week my boyfriend and I have been calling and emailing like crazy trying to find a place to rent. We've gotten almost no responses. Right now we have an appointment at one apartment complex in the city for Saturday but since we've already booked a hotel room we'd like to look at many more places too. We had an appointment with a condo but then found out they don't accept pets!

Here's our situation, we're two young professionals with two well-behaved house cats. We're looking for something with at least two bedrooms, a dishwasher and central heat and air. We also would like something for $800 or less (preferably less).

We initially wanted a house but most of the nice ones seem out of our price range. We'd be happy to move into a nice apartment/townhome/condo but every time I find a place that looks OK, I read the horrible reviews and get scared. We don't know the city very well so it's scary. I haven't found a single place yet that really has good reviews.

Please feel free to suggest any good apartment complexes in northwest Oklahoma City, Edmond or The Village area. We'd consider anything around Lake Hefner area really, my job is north of the lake.

Know of a good property management company I can contact for homes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 01:22 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,771,030 times
When we first moved here a few years ago, we lived in Sycamore Farms. Its a large complex on Penn between Memorial and 150th, just north of Quail Springs Mall. It was very nice and full of lots of young professionals. I can't give you any idea about the cost for several reasons, mainly because it has been a few years and we were only there for a couple of months and it we were in a fully furnished corporate unit. We did have a medium sized dog, and I know they are really pet friendly, because we always saw lots of people out walking their dogs, and they have doggie waste bag stations all over the grounds. We had no complaints, but again,we were only there a couple of months. There's another new complex next door to it, but I have no idea what the name is.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:58 AM

7 posts, read 75,366 times
Hi! Unfortunately, arosieposie, I am no help to you, but I'm really hoping you might be able to help me...

I am in what seems to be the exact same situation as you (except sub out two wellbehaved house cats to a wellbehaved mini schnauzer). We are having such a tough time finding anything at all! Would love a house/duplex/condo, but can't find any realty companies to contact about renting. Would settle for an apartment, but they all have bad reviews (Villas at Stonebridge in Edmond seems OK, sans the paper-thin walls).

We are hoping for something in Edmond.

Any advice/what did you end up doing?

Old 11-04-2010, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 6,020 times
try Express Realty

there's a 2 bedroom house in the village that accepts pets. It's $725. The village is a nice area. For any out of towners, my advice is to stay away from anything south of 50th street in OKC. South of 50th & the South Side are not where you want to go!

Old 11-04-2010, 06:35 PM

78 posts, read 335,525 times
check out Stonebridge Townhomes located between Bethany & Yukon right off of Route 66 on the north side of Lake Overholser, they are really nice...a little more expensive, but way worth it. we were paying under $900 for a 2 bed, 3 bath 2 story townhouse w/ a washer & dryer, 2 car garage (attached to home) a private breeze way and a beautiful bay window facing the lake. that also included basic cable, water, sewer & garbage. they have some smaller apartment type places, but I'm not sure how many & what the availability is...they take pets but be ready for a high deposit. this complex is quite, clean and well managed. hope you find exactly what you're looking for!

Old 11-05-2010, 02:14 PM

259 posts, read 1,073,379 times
We lived at the Warrington for a year. Our experience overall, was pretty good. The apts are a little older (1980's) but when we lived there 3 yrs ago, it was well kept with nice landscaping and lots of trees. There's a pool and gym too. It's at MacArthur and 122nd and very close to the turnpike, shopping, lake hefner, restaurants, etc. Most of the apartments around Lake Hefner are decent- steer clear of those along nw expressway and 122nd on the east side of I-44. There tends to be more crime (car theft, vandalism) in those complexes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City