Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2008, 04:13 PM

288 posts, read 917,879 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to northwest OKC at the end of summer/beginning of fall. What apartments would y'all recommend for me to check out or avoid? Need pet-friendly as I have two small dogs. Naturally, I want dirt-cheap, very safe, and with gorgeous gardens and manicured lawns. Could not care less about a swimming pool, fitness room, etc. Any suggestions/warnings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 07:35 PM

64 posts, read 291,079 times
I will give you the same advice I gave another member- stay north of Memorial. There are several apartment complexes near Penn and Memorial or May and Memorial. We rented just barely south of Memorial when we moved here and it was horrible. However, we really wanted something with only a three month lease. Most of the complexes near Penn/Memorial and May/Memorial on the NORTH side of the divide look very nice.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:40 AM

102 posts, read 395,679 times
If I could, let me add my two cents about staying north of Memorial. In my opinion, north/south isn't the issue - it's east/west.

I've lived in an apartment south of Memorial and now live in a house south of Memorial. My brother lived south of Memorial, in two different complexes. Memorial is fine. Looked at the crime map from the OKC police dept.

Instead, I would advise you stay west of May, but don't worry so much about staying north of Memorial. I would avoid the intersection of 122 and Penn. Big crime problems. However, if you just go one mile west to May, it's much better - in fact, Quail Creek Country Club is there.

I don't know about pets, but based on safety & price, here's some suggestions. Hang with me because there are a bunch with "Quail" in their names (named for the mall nearby):

Recommend:
Springhollow Condos - Loved them. Secluded & very well constructed.
Quail Run Apartments - affordable and good area.
Walker's Station - secluded
Warrington - brother lived there & loved it
Bluff Creek
Summit Ridge
Deer Creek Condos
Pinehurst - friend lived there & liked it. Affordable.

Recommend but $$$$:
Quail Landing
Crown Pointe
The Gables
Stoneleigh on May
Crown Martin Park
The Links

Avoid:
Anything by 122 & Penn - there are a LOT of complexes there. Avoid all.
Vintage Lakes - in the process of condemning these.
Arbor Lakes - nice looking, bad area.
Quail Lakes - located b/n mall & Supertarget, and that intersection is the busiest in OKC. Nightmare during holidays.
Quail Ridge - more affordable, but more crime.
Invitational - across street from high school.
Augusta - ditto, and $$$.
Summerfield Place - brother lived there & MAJOR maintenance issues (mold, gas leak).

Maybe:
Summit Condos
The Park at Memorial - new, but I think it may be sec. 8 only.
Quail Plaza
Quail Creek Condos
Quail Creek Apartments (yes, these are different than the condos)
Boardwalk - friend lived there & liked it. Note - this is off NW Expressway.
Warwick West - close to hospital on NW Expwy, but affordable
Belle Isle Terrace - off NW Expy - may be $

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Last edited by ready2fly; 05-12-2008 at 09:53 AM..

Old 05-15-2008, 09:07 PM

288 posts, read 917,879 times
Wow...thank you for all the information! ^_^

Old 05-18-2008, 04:55 PM

18 posts, read 81,839 times
I agree about not worrying about staying north of Memorial. There are lots of nice apartments that are not north of Memorial. Ready2Fly gave you a lot of good ones to look at. And, yes anything on 122 & Penn is not a good choice.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 4,389 times
Awesome this was a lot of help.. Im in the process of searching for apartments/condos and what not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City