Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 02:21 PM

5 posts, read 41,248 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping to buy a condo in Oklahoma City in a few years. This will be contingent upon selling the house where I live now, which has about 1900 square feet and is currently worth about $100,000. I would actually like to downsize to 1000 sf or even a little less. I've been looking (online) at the condos on N. Stratford Dr, north of Hefner Rd and west of Pennsylvania.

I'm a divorced guy in my 50's and value my privacy. Can anybody recommend if these condos are any good? Or any others in the Northwest area of OKC for less that $100,000? Thanks much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 02:27 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,699,635 times
I wouldn't buy a condo in Oklahoma City for anything. If that's the area of town you really want you can buy a house just a little east of there for about the same price. I've yet to see a condo or apartment complex where noise rules were enforced...

Old 11-23-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Best Condos for the money in OKC

Is that the main reason you wouldn't buy a condo, the noise? I agree, I'd rather have as much quiet as possible, but I would think a condo would be better than an apartment as far as noise goes. What part of the city would you recommend buying in?

Thanks for your response!

Old 11-23-2007, 06:28 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,760,011 times
There are great condos in OKC w/o the noise. Here are some links to some nice highrise condos.
They recently made this highrise into condos...They obviously have noise free walls and the entire structure has recieved a complete facelift that included new glass panels that are really sophisticated and helps on energy. So it is a different color...More like a silver blue green. Many highrises are being converted for condos or highend apartments that you can buy if you want like the Classen Tower.
The 360 at Founders Plaza (http://www.the360living.com/gallery.html - broken link)

YouTube - 360 - Founders Tower

Home | theclassen

The Garage Loft Apartments - Oklahoma City's Premier Apartments

This will help a lot.....
Downtown Living

Godd Luck

Old 11-23-2007, 08:16 PM

Thanks, Happytown...but I'm not sure you read my entire post. I really can't afford the condos you mentioned. Actually, at this point I *am* back to thinking about a small house...maybe I should ask what sections of OKC are the best and most affordable. I've been reading previous posts, and most of them seem to agree that the Northwest section of town fits the bill. Oh yes...in case anybody is wondering, I currently live in El Reno and commute to the city.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:07 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,699,635 times
There are still some bargains to be had over in the Village and a few neighborhoods in Britton are making a comeback. Just be careful because in neighborhoods over there you can drive down the street one block and be in the HOOD....

Old 11-24-2007, 08:12 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,623,945 times
Areas of Bethany are nice and low in cost.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:38 PM

Happy Thanksgiving Peggy....I cut open a Thanksgiving ham and it had a huge artery or whatever...largest vein I had seen since dissection in highschool. Looked like a heart!! Barf. Anyway..OP...Uh I live all over OKC. There are obviously wonderful areas and some you just look to stay away from. You can make judgement calls. I wouldnt freak out about it...OKC is not SCARY! LOL. You live in El Reno so you must know at least some of OKC. Stiff- stop exaggerating so much...I git what you are sayin but sometimes you go overboard...But of course opinions are opinions. OP if you need advice just post again. best HT

Old 11-24-2007, 04:48 PM

Happytown--thanks! Yes, I do know some of OKC. My dad lived there (just off N. Robinson) and my paternal grandparents lived in Bethany. I've been looking at some of the real estate websites (particularly a great one I found that has video tours) and there are some very nice homes in decent areas for around $80,000. P.S. I lived in Denver, Colorado for many years, and the housing market there is out of sight. In fact, Mom sold a small three BR home there and bought one here that is much bigger and costs less. Anyway, thanks again for your encouragement!

Old 11-24-2007, 04:59 PM

Oh ya...Actually I am looking for a home right now in OKC. So many historic areas. Buyers market right now. Man I have seen some nice homes for a good price. Putnam heights had some nice homes, Carey Place, Edgemere, Crown heights ect. OKC has great old homes...dont let people scare ya. If you need any help I have become some sort of realtor recently..not for money. but just lookin myself. Some homes i cant afford and I am looking in the 100-125 range. Good luck. If you have specific questions on the best historic areas of OKC (many) then post again. Good Luck Belle Isle had some wonderful homes that I looked over just yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City