Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2011, 11:43 PM

3 posts, read 9,270 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever heard of a housing community called Montague in Edmond? Its located on 164th between Rockwell and Macarthur. Wondering what the deal is... they have plenty of 1/2 acre lots there but no one is buying? I thought everyone in OK was crazy for land. Anyone got a 411?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 06:34 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,534,831 times
There are several developments that offer lot sizes like that. There's plenty of neighborhoods to chose from.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:46 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,765,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonchix View Post
There are several developments that offer lot sizes like that. There's plenty of neighborhoods to chose from.
+1

I live in Edmond, although on the eastern side, and I've personally never heard of it. I do admit though that I don't pay much attention to what happens all the way over. I have a friend that lives in that vicinity, and I was at her home a couple of months ago, but I don't remember seeing it.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:27 AM

533 posts, read 1,711,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKKnicks1 View Post
Anyone ever heard of a housing community called Montague in Edmond? Its located on 164th between Rockwell and Macarthur. Wondering what the deal is... they have plenty of 1/2 acre lots there but no one is buying? I thought everyone in OK was crazy for land. Anyone got a 411?
Home Creations: Oklahomas #1 New Home Builder. Oklahoma City, Lawton, Tulsa, and more!

Old 02-15-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonchix View Post
Do you happen to know of any off the top of your head maybe around the 164th/176th and Penn/May area that are still developing?

Old 02-15-2011, 09:53 AM

Is Home Creations a bad builder? Is that why no one wants to build there even though they are 1/2 acre lots?

Old 02-17-2011, 09:25 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,534,831 times
No, Home Creations is not a bad builder. We built with Ideal Homes and haven't had any major issues to speak of, they were very good to us. I also think because of the economy and the market, the building boom has greatly slowed. So all these communities that started 5 years ago have kind of hit a wall for a while. Plus, for the buyer there are so many options that you can pick your community. Many people are hesitant to buy or build because they fear not being able to sell their own home. In addition, depending on what you are looking at, the homes $350,000 + are slow to move at this time due to the market.

Gosh, there are so many developments in this area and the area north of it. I would probably recommend you get in touch with a realtor or come drive the area to see for yourself. The reason so much is developing around here is that investors have bought up old farm and ranch lands and have busted them up into lots to be sold in communities. Same thing is going on with land east of I35 in Edmond. We've been looking to build again and just haven't found the land we are looking for. We are very picky.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:58 AM

4 posts, read 20,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKKnicks1 View Post
Great neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City