Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 12:27 PM

24,493 posts, read 10,825,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodude.1984 View Post
THANK YOU !! For speaking the TRUTH about OKC

Let me put it this way OKC metro was so bad, Me and my family moved back to Chicago !!

IMO, OKC north of quail springs mall $$$ and NW expressway and rockwell are okay parts. Moore and Norman are okay if you don't mind OU traffic and Tornadoes !! Edmond is okay but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and has a HUGE "Underground" drug issue at Schools. My brothers best friend is a Edmond cop and has told us about the REAL Edmond

I would say 80% of the city is NOT safe to live in, I was a victim of crime several times in Edmond and Norman(Auto burglary/Theft and 3 road rage incidents(Police said they were on drugs), NEVER had anything happen to me when I lived in other major cities in the US.

Sorry folks the TRUTH HURTS !!
We sure missed your informative posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 01:03 PM

140 posts, read 115,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
We sure missed your informative posts.

Just "telling it like it is" and not sugar coating things like most okies do LOL

Old 09-09-2018, 10:52 AM

17,779 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Quote:
THANK YOU !! For speaking the TRUTH about OKC

Let me put it this way OKC metro was so bad, Me and my family moved back to Chicago !!

IMO, OKC north of quail springs mall $$$ and NW expressway and rockwell are okay parts. Moore and Norman are okay if you don't mind OU traffic and Tornadoes !! Edmond is okay but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and has a HUGE "Underground" drug issue at Schools. My brothers best friend is a Edmond cop and has told us about the REAL Edmond

I would say 80% of the city is NOT safe to live in, I was a victim of crime several times in Edmond and Norman(Auto burglary/Theft and 3 road rage incidents(Police said they were on drugs), NEVER had anything happen to me when I lived in other major cities in the US.

Sorry folks the TRUTH HURTS !!
I think I can speak for all of us (except for Bawac and Atlguy) that we are glad you escaped the mean streets of OKC for the safety of Chicago.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:58 PM

793 posts, read 1,111,261 times
I have several friends and a relative who live at 63rd and Meridian, and I'm in the area often because of them. It's quite safe.

Old 09-09-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I think I can speak for all of us (except for Bawac and Atlguy) that we are glad you escaped the mean streets of OKC for the safety of Chicago.

Thanks I walk with my GF almost every night around downtown Chicago and never EVER had a safety issue

Now try doing that in downtown OKC after 11PM

Old 09-09-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
I have several friends and a relative who live at 63rd and Meridian, and I'm in the area often because of them. It's quite safe.

100% BS !!!!

One of my old co-worker friends lives around that area and she's had 3 burglaries in the last 2 years

She's had enough of OKC herself and moving to Dallas next month lol

Old 09-09-2018, 09:38 PM

793 posts, read 1,111,261 times
Quote:
100% BS !!!!

One of my old co-worker friends lives around that area and she's had 3 burglaries in the last 2 years

She's had enough of OKC herself and moving to Dallas next month lol
How is it "BS" when it's true? All of your posts sound like 100% BS. None of my friends nor family have had ANY incidents at their homes in this area.

I go walk/jog in downtown OKC late at night often and have had nothing happen to me.

Old 09-10-2018, 07:17 AM

80 posts, read 65,898 times
Quote:
Thanks I walk with my GF almost every night around downtown Chicago and never EVER had a safety issue

Now try doing that in downtown OKC after 11PM
Did you ever try walking downtown in OKC at night??

I've lived downtown for almost 3 years now. I walk through downtown to get to West Village/Film Row and to get up to Midtown. I walk through downtown nearly every night around sunset for walks with my wife. Most weekends we walk at night to go out with friends in the areas around downtown. We've walked through downtown at 2am our fair share. Never once have we felt unsafe or seen any crime. There are occasionally homeless people laying on benches or wandering the streets, but in the few instances where they even said anything it was a "hey there" or "have a nice night". After we got married, a homeless man with clear mental problems, cat called my wife. He then realized she was wearing a wedding dress and approached us to apologize and wish us a happy life together.

Downtown OKC and the surrounding areas (Bricktown, Deep Deuce, Midtown, Automobile Alley, and increasingly Film Row/West Village) are about as safe as you can ask for.

Stop being ridiculous and acting like OKC is some crime infested city, where every inch of it is unsafe. It has its unsafe areas, like every city. Downtown is not one of those areas.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:16 AM

17,779 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRaRyan View Post
Did you ever try walking downtown in OKC at night??

I've lived downtown for almost 3 years now. I walk through downtown to get to West Village/Film Row and to get up to Midtown. I walk through downtown nearly every night around sunset for walks with my wife. Most weekends we walk at night to go out with friends in the areas around downtown. We've walked through downtown at 2am our fair share. Never once have we felt unsafe or seen any crime. There are occasionally homeless people laying on benches or wandering the streets, but in the few instances where they even said anything it was a "hey there" or "have a nice night". After we got married, a homeless man with clear mental problems, cat called my wife. He then realized she was wearing a wedding dress and approached us to apologize and wish us a happy life together.

Downtown OKC and the surrounding areas (Bricktown, Deep Deuce, Midtown, Automobile Alley, and increasingly Film Row/West Village) are about as safe as you can ask for.

Stop being ridiculous and acting like OKC is some crime infested city, where every inch of it is unsafe. It has its unsafe areas, like every city. Downtown is not one of those areas.
Well maybe so, but now 63th and Meridian? You have old people who have lived in their houses for 50 years and upwardly mobile minority types who have bought the houses where the old people have moved out or died. It doesn't get any more dangerous than that.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:37 AM

5 posts, read 4,025 times
I really appreciate you guys chiming in. It's so hard to get a feel for whether it's actually unsafe in some places, or if it's just "different" and somebody is terrified of it. It sounds like having been comfortable in the core for some time, we might be fine in this area as well. I look forward to having upwardly mobile minority types as neighbors for once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City