Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 05:29 AM

656 posts, read 2,315,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaMichigander View Post
Elaine was very pleased to hear that her FABULOUS deli was getting hyped on line by a mysterious stranger! Yum on the soup and sandwiches!

My other extreme favorite is the Bistro. Sam is the nicest guy.... And the food. Ahhhhh!

Have sampled the local chocolate at an event in Bluffton and it is VERY good. And that is coming from someone who loves Saunder's hot fudge and doesn't bother with anything else. Do you have Saunder's in OH? Also my husband and I were just wondering about A& W. Do you have them? And White Castle? I am pretty sure that that is a Michigan thing.

Our mortgage lady, whom I adore, also mentioned Wilson's. We haven't tried it yet. I was in Findlay today checking out our progress at the house and was sad to only grab Burger King in Bowling Green on the drive down, as we didn't have time to stop elsewhere.

Now the Red Pig Inn.... What is your take Art? We've been twice and were pleasantly surprised to find a much better experience the second time around....

I am pleased, too, that I can report that I have a lovely stylist in Findlay! Things are falling into place....

As for the movers, we have a nice group out of Fremont. They have been most pleasant thus far, but we'll see how much they like me after a 24,000 lb. move. And guff? Me???? Never. I don't take it from many....

I'm happy to share what I know-- which is growing each day.... Like daycare. I've looked into it and have found it to be mch more cost effective than in Metro Detroit....

And really, to our original poster, Art is a TREMENDOUSLY valuable resource. He knows all things Findlay and has been helpful on many occassions since I joined the forum in the winter.
Sam is a nice guy. I've only met him a couple of times, and that was in passing. I enjoy the Bistro every now and then. Back when Finder's was in business, I used to smell dinner constantly. Now that takes me back...

Also, there's an upper-scale restaurant with good food a little ways North of the MSD called Revolver. It's off of Main on Sandusky St., but I've had some really good dishes there. Careful though, they make their money on wine. That bottle of Zin to accompany your duck may be a bit more than it should be.

As far as the Red Pig Inn goes, it's been hit or miss for me. There's been times when the food was alright, but the service wasn't that great and vice versa. They need someone there to straighten out the cooks and the waitstaff so everything's consistent.

I believe A&W can be acquired at Kroger, Meijer, or even Wal*Mart. It's not my first grab (I usually get Frosttop or IBC), but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

I'm not aware of any Saunder's products in the area. When you're down here next, try Dietsch's. Since you're in Lakeview, the one on Tiffin Ave across from the Sterling/Circle K/Marathon/whoever-purchased-it-this-week gas station and next to Mr. Lee's Express is the closer of the two. Try a small hot fudge sundae w/ crushed peanuts (if you're allergic, I apologize). I'm willing to bet you'll like it. Indeed, there are no White Castles in Findlay. The nearest one is in Toledo, and the next nearest looks like Columbus.

Thank you very much for the kind words.

After moving around a few times, I know it's not easy. Since most my friends don't have much money, I've always made it a point to help them load/move. It's just too much money. I figure this is a electronic form of sorts. It's not always what you take in life that makes it rewarding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 07:21 AM

3 posts, read 9,570 times
Art -

Just so you know, I am not new to this forum, and I have searched it quite extensively when conducting research in an area. It was only after I didn't find the answers or info I was looking for, did I post a thread and ask some specific questions related to my specific situation. Sorry for the inconvience - if you don't have time to reply to my thread, then don't and someone else will.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:43 PM

656 posts, read 2,315,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by followinthejob View Post
Art -

Just so you know, I am not new to this forum, and I have searched it quite extensively when conducting research in an area. It was only after I didn't find the answers or info I was looking for, did I post a thread and ask some specific questions related to my specific situation. Sorry for the inconvience - if you don't have time to reply to my thread, then don't and someone else will.
Hmm, interesting. Well, have a happy and safe relo.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,225 times
To all who are looking into school systems: It is so nice to see people taking an interest in the Findlay community. I would like to talk a little about the schools though. While I have some friends who have attended St. Michael's I would say that most of the kids in town (rich and poor) go to the public schools. The public schools are very nice here. Findlay City Schools has curriculum that seems to fit many. While I have not heard anything bad about St. Michael's, I know of only three students in this past eighth grade class that continued on to St. Wendelin's (sp?). The Findlay School system offers orchestra from 4-12 grade and band from 5-12 grade and has, by far, the best music system in the area. It also has an excellent gifted program and art program. Findlay High School is where most St. Michael's students contnue on to. While horror stories get around about FHS, I would say that the high school has very few problems compared to some of the stories I have heard about the county schools. Obviously this is just word of mouth, but I thought I would throw it out there. I also know that the curriculum in the county schools is behind the city. I have a friend out in the county who is a freshman and taking math that I took in 7th grade. While I am positive that your kids will receive a great education no matter where they go, I would certainly look into the Findlay school system. I just thought I would throw in a good word. Best of luck on all of your relocations.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:07 PM

5 posts, read 15,362 times
I'm moving to Findlay in two weeks with the family and have really enjoyed all the conversation. My wife grew up in Fostoria and we lived in Kenton for a few years in the early 1990s but Findlay has a changed a great deal. We won't miss too much of suburban Chicago life in the move here and you really can't miss with the school districts (we ended up in Liberty Benton but would not have been disappointed with Findlay schools).

As a bbq fan, I hear Red Pig, Tony's, Jeds, and City Barbeque all have their supporters. What's your take? For something different, I was introduced to New Riegel Cafe, which isn't far from my inlaws, but its not what I traditional. However, it is very good.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:36 PM

313 posts, read 1,195,337 times
We literally are waiting to pick up the carryout order from City right now....
Hopefully it'll be good!
I'm ok with the Red Pig, but it's not so fabulous that I would rave about it.
I didn't like Jed's-- technically, I don't even think it is a BBQ joint.... They have a lot of wings.

Last edited by ImaMichigander; 09-01-2008 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: type-o

Old 09-15-2008, 12:10 PM

5 posts, read 32,308 times
The schools are okay, a lot of equestrian activities including 4-h and the Findlay University Equestrian Center complete with clinics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio