Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2024, 08:24 PM

204 posts, read 71,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
There is a good chance that Trump will choose a Middletonian as his running mate....not many American cities can say that.
Not a great look for Middletown if that's the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2024, 08:26 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech14 View Post
Definitely not and, having lived in the hometown of the current VP, I can attest it’s really not that big of a deal, either.

Old 04-10-2024, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Definitely not and, having lived in the hometown of the current VP, I can attest it’s really not that big of a deal, either.
Yeah, what is Middletown going to do, vote Republican even harder than it already does? It's not going to get anything tangible out of the deal even if that happens. Besides, if any terrible human being from Ohio is going to get the VP spot, my money's on Vance.

Old 04-11-2024, 02:44 AM

2,502 posts, read 3,371,489 times
Quote:

Middletonians don't give a flying F about our city's image....

Kayla Harrison, America's first-ever gold medalist in Judo is about to fight about the most major woman's cage match....

And Kyle Schwarber plans on hitting more home runs this year...

JD Vance is only one Middletonian...........

Old 04-11-2024, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
Middletonians don't give a flying F about our city's image....

Kayla Harrison, America's first-ever gold medalist in Judo is about to fight about the most major woman's cage match....

And Kyle Schwarber plans on hitting more home runs this year...

JD Vance is only one Middletonian...........
He pretends like he's not even from Middletown, though. He acts like he grew up barefoot in deep Appalachia instead of suburban Cincinnati. He's just another grifter using the culture wars to empower himself. I wouldn't want this guy representing me in any way if I were a Middletonian. It's embarrassing enough that he represents Ohio.

Old 04-11-2024, 12:55 PM

678 posts, read 408,406 times
Quote:
He pretends like he's not even from Middletown, though. He acts like he grew up barefoot in deep Appalachia instead of suburban Cincinnati. He's just another grifter using the culture wars to empower himself. I wouldn't want this guy representing me in any way if I were a Middletonian. It's embarrassing enough that he represents Ohio.
Do you genuinely think that is the case? Because honestly he had me believing his theory regarding the present day white working class in Middle America largely having been shaped by the Scots-Irish migrants from Appalachia.

Old 04-11-2024, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughboy1918 View Post
Do you genuinely think that is the case? Because honestly he had me believing his theory regarding the present day white working class in Middle America largely having been shaped by the Scots-Irish migrants from Appalachia.
Do I genuinely think what is the case?

That he's a grifter and not a particularly good writer? Yes.
That he doesn't care whatsoever about the working class, regardless of race or ethnicity? Absolutely.
That he's another massive Republican hypocrite and extremist who was critical of Trump until it became politically expedient to become another sycophant? Of course.

I don't really care where or how he grew up. He's not a good person and Middletown needs better representatives. So does Ohio.

Old 04-11-2024, 11:06 PM

Yawn.....

Old 04-11-2024, 11:07 PM

His fire in the belly is my fire in the belly.....

Middletown is a cauldron of passion...JD Vance is only one example of that fire

Old 04-11-2024, 11:09 PM

Cincinnati and Dayton are so damn lucky to be our two most famous suburbs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio