Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 02:12 AM

3 posts, read 17,266 times

Advertisements

Hi can anyone tell me anything about Youngstown, a lady in the uk is selling a house in Youngstown pretty cheap too, but i dont know anything about It. She isn't giving the full address untill it is sold, Can anyone enlighten me. Any information would be appreciated thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2006, 06:57 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,715,624 times
Is it a Youngstown address, or actually within the Youngstown city limits?
There's a big difference. Boardman, and Austintown both have Youngstown addresses. Houses within the city limits are cheap because they aren't worth anything. Nobody wants to live there, or send their kids to Youngstown city schools. She's not giving the full address because she has something to hide.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:48 AM

Default thanks

Thanks for your reply i dont have a clue which one it is all i know it is youngstown city 44507, that's all it has for the address as such. You are probably right though too good to be true. It's probably the one where no one wants to live. As i say, she isn't giving the full address out until it's purchased, and that's a bit dodgy for a start isn't it. Never mind i was just curious to see if i could find anything out about it. I also looked up youngstown 44507 and there are a few houses for sale quite cheap, so probably just confirms what you said, Thanks again. I am most grateful for your reply.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:55 AM

54 posts, read 373,689 times
Default Youngstown

Youngstown once boasted the highest percentage of home ownership in the United States, IIRC, until the industrial base started moving away.

I read about this in the book: Steeltown USA: Work and Memory in Youngstown
This book does paint a bleak picture of the city.

That address, through a cursory glance at Google Maps, appears to be in the shadow of Interstate 680

Old 12-27-2006, 11:11 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I think i will probably give it a miss i was just curious to find out anything about it, but the more i think about it, it doesn't seem to be the right thing to do. Thanks again.

Old 12-27-2006, 06:21 PM

87 posts, read 645,033 times
Since homes are cheap in Youngstown, it'd be wise to purchase a home as a rental. Afterall, homes don't have to be in good areas for them to be good rentals. Just my dos cents.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:06 PM

2 posts, read 11,450 times
Smile Youngstown property 44507

I bought a property in July in Youngstown 44507. Potomac Avenue. It was a good investment, I have one apartment rented out and I now live in the other one, it is a duplex property. I spent $15,000 on renovations which included twoo new bathrooms and two new kitchens. but now it is like a new build apartment. and I can live rent free as the other guy pays me rent each month.

A word of advice though, always go and look at the property before you buy it, do not go by the photos. I looked at some really bad holes that looked pretty in the pictures. remember if someone is selling then they wont send you the picture of the hole in the floor or the half of the roof that blew off.

Other than common sense, go by your own instinct.

As for Youngstown, it is a quiet place to live, cities are not racist. People are.
And it is only a few sad individuals that are racist in any city. I am white Irish and my girlfriend is Eastern european and we have had no problems whatsoever.

Youngstown died a few years back but is now on the way up, there has been a lot of investment there and it is getting better.

If you aren't into drug dealing and mugging people then you will not get shot. Mix in the right circles and life is good.

The Police there are very friendly and the sherrifs department has an open door policy.

I would advise anyone to go and stay there for a couple of weeks and look around.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:09 PM

2 posts, read 11,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopie View Post
Thanks for your reply. I think i will probably give it a miss i was just curious to find out anything about it, but the more i think about it, it doesn't seem to be the right thing to do. Thanks again.
Let me know if you want to buy a house in Youngstown, I can give you some good leads for free. I could also go and inspect property for you.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:45 AM

Thanks for the info Irishman. I agree with your comments 100% and am interested in Youngstown myself; I'd like to own a home or two as investments.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:09 AM

Irishman, I sent you a private message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio