Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 03:40 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,504,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac23456 View Post
Hello everyone, I have a question and figured that you folks would be able to best answer it. Thanks in advance for any help.

I am planning on moving to Ohio to be closer to my family (my father's job recently had him relocate from out west). Anyway, due to poor vision I am unable to drive so where ever I move needs to have some sort of public transportation or at least decent sidewalks so I can walk around.

So city-data nation, what are some places in Ohio I should look into? If at all possible, I'd like to be in the northeastern part of the state, but I would be willing to check out any place that is recommended strongly.

Thanks again.
What part of Ohio does your family live in? Just being in the state could still have you several hours from them. There are many parts of the state that do not have full public transportation, but do have systems in place for the elderly and those with disabilities. My mother lived in a small community of a couple hundred people in a rural NW Ohio county. They did not have a full public transportation system, but she was able to get transportation to doctor's appointments, etc. through the county council on aging. (They also provided transportation for people unable to drive due to disabilities.) While it is not a regular, scheduled system, she was able to remain close to family and friends who helped fill in the gaps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 02:01 PM

285 posts, read 703,353 times
I'm a non-driver living in Youngstown and depend on the Western Reserve Transit Authority (WRTA) to get around. My experience is that Youngstown is certainly not the best place to live in Ohio for a non-driver.

On the other hand, I have to admit that bus service in Youngstown is better than it was a few years ago, and there have been cuts in Cleveland--a city that I think is probably the best for a non-driver in Ohio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio