Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2010, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,814 times

Advertisements

I have just graduated AIT and will be transferring to Schofield soon. Any advice would be appreciated. I do have some questions for anyone willing to help:
-I am an E2, soon to be E3. What/where will I be living (I am single). What are the rooms like?
-I will be shipping my car. What will be required when it arrives (taxes, tag, etc)
Any other advice would be great. I've never been to Hawaii so this is all new to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 11:40 AM

1,707 posts, read 7,033,556 times
When I was there in 2008 the billeting was two soldiers shared a living area. Each had their own bedroom but shared a bathroom and kitchette. There is and has been ongoing remodeling of the barracks there so things might be different depending on the unit you are assigned to.

As a military member you can maintain your current state's registration of your vehicle but have to have it inspected annually like Hawaii tagged vehicles. Or you can register it in Hawaii; paying the same sales tax and fees you have in most other states.

I presume you will be in the 25th ID as this is their home. Expect to be deployed every 12-18 months; they are an active division.

PS: Schofield is a nice place and Hawaii is beautiful; enjoy yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: