Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 03:09 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times

Advertisements

I am going there tomorrow night for a concert.

I've been there a few times and, at least most of those times, I seem to be in the WORST parking area that exists when it comes to getting out of there. It often takes me an hour to an hour-and-a-half to get out of the lot. But one or two times, I've breezed out in 15-20 minutes. And I don't know why.

Does anyone have any strategies of where to park (if given a choice) when you enter the lot. Usually I'm directed to a lot and I'm sure it's based on my time of arrival and fast the lot fills up.

Is it better to go late, early????

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 06:26 PM

628 posts, read 1,933,048 times
I am not aware of an easy solution. I have had many experiences there as a fund-raising volunteer in the concession stands but would never go there as a paying customer because of the exiting problems and the outrageous food/drink prices. (OK, I'll confess--I finally got Jimmy Buffet tickets and will suffer through a long exit then.) Many people park in Gainesville and walk Wellington Road to Nissan! I'm sure they beat those in cars.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:02 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statecollege View Post
I am not aware of an easy solution. I have had many experiences there as a fund-raising volunteer in the concession stands but would never go there as a paying customer because of the exiting problems and the outrageous food/drink prices. (OK, I'll confess--I finally got Jimmy Buffet tickets and will suffer through a long exit then.) Many people park in Gainesville and walk Wellington Road to Nissan! I'm sure they beat those in cars.
One great thing about Jimmy Buffett concerts is the crowd is so much fun. I'd just hang out for awhile, toss beach balls back and forth, and wait for the traffic to die down.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:25 AM

Well, it's going to be me and three teenagers--two of them on the younger side and my older teenage daughter who DOES.NOT.WANT.TO.BE.THERE. I just want to get out of there!

Old 06-14-2009, 11:05 AM

2,765 posts, read 8,325,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
One great thing about Jimmy Buffett concerts is the crowd is so much fun. I'd just hang out for awhile, toss beach balls back and forth, and wait for the traffic to die down.
I don't understand why people like Jimmy Buffett so much in this area.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRE332 View Post
I don't understand why people like Jimmy Buffett so much in this area.
I've pondered that often myself. I've listened to the music, it's just not for me and I just can't get into it. But I know so many people that go.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:07 PM

178 posts, read 574,320 times
Buffet concerts are about the experience almost as much as the music.... Even if you're not a fan you're likely to have a blast at the concert. As for parking, the best place to park is on the grassy knoll alongside Wellington. If you're coming down from Rt 29, stay in the far right lane approaching Nissan. When you turn into the parking lot, tell the kid directing traffic that you'd like to park there and turn right onto the hill. When it's time to leave, just drive straight off the curb onto Wellington. This is assuming, of course, that you're driving an SUV, truck or other vehicle with good clearance.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:30 PM

1,152 posts, read 3,199,925 times
Consider the VIP parking. I went there to see Coldplay, and we did VIP parking. Yeah, its expensive ($30) but there were 3 people in our car, so it was $10 each. WELL worth it, because the VIP parking gets priority on the exit. We cleared the place in about 15 minutes.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:41 PM

2,765 posts, read 8,325,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Well, it's going to be me and three teenagers--two of them on the younger side and my older teenage daughter who DOES.NOT.WANT.TO.BE.THERE. I just want to get out of there!
Hey Mom, Feed teenagers alcohol and they will most certainly change their minds about being there hint hint ;-)

Old 06-14-2009, 09:04 PM

178 posts, read 574,320 times
Azmordean -- How do you get VIP parking tickets? Thought they were only available as part of VIP package...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia