Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 06:06 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,681,741 times

Advertisements

Well...it's over.

I guess it went okay.

As I approached from Manassas (Balls Ford to Wellington Road) there were signs saying that regular parkers should take the first left and that VIP/Premium parking was the second left. I took the second left, which then merged into 2 other lanes of traffic that were merging into 4 lanes and then back down to 2. I couldn't figure out if I was doing it correctly. Then I saw signs for premium parking but NO ONE was going that way and I was in the far left lane and couldn't get over anyway. I then saw signs for VIP Parking ($30) but no attendant waving anyone in (it didn't even look full). I then found myself in regular parking. I was pissed. I just don't know what I could have done wrong.

I was back in "C" lot which wasn't too far from the exit. It did take me 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot which, I suppose, was one of my better times but it is was a fight all the way.

They have TONS of people directing parking flow but they didn't really help until some of them actually stop socializing and came into the lots themselves and starting putting people in good lines. Uuuuuggggghhhh. I just don't think I can go there again. Thank goodness the concert was AWESOME. More so than any of us expected.

To boot, I was let out one way, which only put me in the direction of I66. I was in a lane going the wrong way and I couldn't get over to the far lane to pick up 234. I ended up taking I66 to 7100 which, I guess at midnight, isn't such a bad ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 06:16 AM

2,765 posts, read 8,336,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Well...it's over.

I guess it went okay.

As I approached from Manassas (Balls Ford to Wellington Road) there were signs saying that regular parkers should take the first left and that VIP/Premium parking was the second left. I took the second left, which then merged into 2 other lanes of traffic that were merging into 4 lanes and then back down to 2. I couldn't figure out if I was doing it correctly. Then I saw signs for premium parking but NO ONE was going that way and I was in the far left lane and couldn't get over anyway. I then saw signs for VIP Parking ($30) but no attendant waving anyone in (it didn't even look full). I then found myself in regular parking. I was pissed. I just don't know what I could have done wrong.

I was back in "C" lot which wasn't too far from the exit. It did take me 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot which, I suppose, was one of my better times but it is was a fight all the way.

They have TONS of people directing parking flow but they didn't really help until some of them actually stop socializing and came into the lots themselves and starting putting people in good lines. Uuuuuggggghhhh. I just don't think I can go there again. Thank goodness the concert was AWESOME. More so than any of us expected.

To boot, I was let out one way, which only put me in the direction of I66. I was in a lane going the wrong way and I couldn't get over to the far lane to pick up 234. I ended up taking I66 to 7100 which, I guess at midnight, isn't such a bad ride.
Glad you have fun. Those concerts are horrible for us locals around the area because of the traffic tie ups they cause.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:51 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,681,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRE332 View Post
Glad you have fun. Those concerts are horrible for us locals around the area because of the traffic tie ups they cause.

I can only imagine! Nissan is really a nice venue but they could have done some better planning. Really, when they built that place NOTHING was there.

While George Mason isn't as a large of a venue, somehow, we all manage to dump out on Braddock Rd. and 123 within 20 minutes with very minimal impact on anyone. I wonder how they do it?

Old 06-15-2009, 12:36 PM

1,152 posts, read 3,203,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mominbristow View Post
Azmordean -- How do you get VIP parking tickets? Thought they were only available as part of VIP package...
You just pay when you get there. Have cash. There should be signs. An attendant will take your $30 and tell you where to park.

I'd get there earlyish if possible. We got there way earlier than necessary (probably 5:30 or so for a 7:30 concert) but had a good time chilling out in the picnic area with snacks and a few "not supposed to have that in the parking lot" beverages .

I had a great experience there. I thought the venue was very nice indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia