Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 01:36 PM

123 posts, read 409,663 times

Advertisements

We need to get our rugs cleaned prior to moving out of our rental and I just got a quote by a "preferred" vendor (via landlord) and the estimate for a carpeted 3 br, downstairs playroom and a small living room was $400 and and additional $200 for a treatment for fleas/ticks. We have to get the flea/tick application becuase we have a dog - but I can assure you with children fleas/ticks are not present - it doesn't matter anyway we still have to get it. The "preferred" vendor said this was based on 1600 sq ft living area and it could even be more money!

At $600 to start the estimate seems way to much! The vendor even said he was giving us a "no furniture discount". Can anyone suggest a good professional carpet cleaning service?

Is this estimate about how much it costs in NoVA for rug cleaning with a application of pest spray?

Thanks! Much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,123 times
You shold try Asrtobrite carpet cleaning. I tried them in August and was amazed! Marrvin was wonderful, courteous and very professional.
I was in the market for new wall to wall carpeting, now my carpet looks like new. I am so glad I called Astrobrite and I will tell everyone I know how great they are.
Their website is www.astrobrite.net Family owned Carpet cleaning Northern VA Carpet Cleaners Virginia Carpet Services Steam Clean[/url] and phone is 703.914.2811.
P. White - Fairfax, Virginia

Last edited by PattWhite; 09-15-2009 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: website formated incorrectly

Old 09-15-2009, 04:39 PM

2,090 posts, read 4,244,907 times
I use Ayoub Carpet Service - The Carpet and Rug People - Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Fine Rug Cleaning, Fine Rug Sales, Chantilly, Arlington, ACS Oriental Rug Cleaning and Repair, Virginia, Fairfax, Northern Virginia, Nova, Metro DC Washington (http://www.rugcare.com/rugcare/index.html - broken link) and they do a good job. I first tired them because they were recommended by Washington Checkbook.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:26 AM

19 posts, read 51,760 times
Here is some great advice my flooring expert told me. Most carpet cleaners will make the situation worse. You have to be very careful about the moisture. The carpet should be so dry, when they are done, that you can walk on it in your socks, without them getting wet. The problems generally lie in the pad. He said there were 10,000 carpet cleaners in this city; and he had encountered one good one. 600 is a ripoff. If it is that dirty; you would be chasing good money after bad.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:10 PM

49 posts, read 127,023 times
$600 does seem a bit high. We're about to contract a cleaner for a 4-bedroom single-family house that has about 1600 sq feet of carpet. We've been getting quotes mostly in the $300-400 range I think (my wife's been handling it).

Old 09-18-2009, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 3,080 times
Default Stay away from Ayoub, they are posting here.

Originally Posted by LVMYDACH [URL="https://www.city-data.com/forum/northern-virginia/332674-carpet-cleaner-recommendations.html#post4563243"]https://pics3.city-data.com/forum/ima...s/viewpost.gif[/URL]
We have used (ACS) Ayoub Carpet Service twice and have been very pleased with them both times. They did an excellent job cleaning our carpets. They were ranked very high from Checkbook Magazine and the Washingtonian Magazine. They are located in Chantilly and you can check them out on their web site at: [URL="http://www.rugcare.com"]www.rugcare.com[/URL]

I found this post in another Northern Va post on carpet cleaning. It looks like it would be best to stay away from Ayoub Carpet Service based on the following posts. Their website is rugcare dot com. I have also posted the recommendation of LVMYDACH and Jfrom Reston. Notice that they both appear to mention the same thing in their posts. I think this is the same company posting about themselves.

Originally Posted by LVMYDACH: We have used (ACS) Ayoub Carpet Service twice and have been very pleased with them both times. They did an excellent job cleaning our carpets. They were ranked very high from Checkbook Magazine and the Washingtonian Magazine. They are located in Chantilly and you can check them out on their web site at: rugcare dot com

original post:
[URL="https://www.city-data.com/forum/members/acwhite-207835.html"][SIZE=5]ACWhite[/SIZE][/URL]
Senior Member:
I also called Ayoub based on the positive reports as noted above and they did carpet and furniture cleaning this spring for me. Unfortunately, I did not have a good experience with them. Although they were quite pleasant and the cleaning itself was good, they greatly overcharged me (>$750 for less than 4 person-hours of work) and did not apply the fabric protective finish that was included in the price quote.

Originally Posted by ACWhite [URL="https://www.city-data.com/forum/northern-virginia/332674-carpet-cleaner-recommendations.html#post4563454"]https://pics3.city-data.com/forum/ima...s/viewpost.gif[/URL]
I also called Ayoub based on the positive reports as noted above and they did carpet and furniture cleaning this spring for me. Unfortunately, I did not have a good experience with them. Although they were quite pleasant and the cleaning itself was good, they greatly overcharged me (>$750 for less than 4 person-hours of work) and did not apply the fabric protective finish that was included in the price quote.

[URL="https://www.city-data.com/forum/members/maggiekate-3345.html"][SIZE=5]maggiekate[/SIZE][/URL]
oh my! i had 1 person to clean grout, and carpet, he was here with the machine here 3 hrs came back, my bill was 275.00 the machine broke another 2 hrs.
then I did ask if he would help me to turn the matress for 20.00. he did that also. The machine did break, it is on a truck, then he came back for about 2 more hrs.

[URL="https://www.city-data.com/forum/members/jfromreston-341974.html"][SIZE=5]JfromReston[/SIZE][/URL]
I use Ayoub Carpet Service and they do a good job. I first tired them because they were recommended by Washington Checkbook.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:53 AM

428 posts, read 1,114,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilloy View Post
Originally Posted by LVMYDACH
We have used (ACS) Ayoub Carpet Service twice and have been very pleased with them both times. They did an excellent job cleaning our carpets. They were ranked very high from Checkbook Magazine and the Washingtonian Magazine. They are located in Chantilly and you can check them out on their web site at: www.rugcare.com

I found this post in another Northern Va post on carpet cleaning. It looks like it would be best to stay away from Ayoub Carpet Service based on the following posts. Their website is rugcare dot com. I have also posted the recommendation of LVMYDACH and Jfrom Reston. Notice that they both appear to mention the same thing in their posts. I think this is the same company posting about themselves.

Originally Posted by LVMYDACH: We have used (ACS) Ayoub Carpet Service twice and have been very pleased with them both times. They did an excellent job cleaning our carpets. They were ranked very high from Checkbook Magazine and the Washingtonian Magazine. They are located in Chantilly and you can check them out on their web site at: rugcare dot com

original post:
[SIZE=5]ACWhite[/SIZE]
Senior Member:

Originally Posted by ACWhite

[SIZE=5]maggiekate[/SIZE]
oh my! i had 1 person to clean grout, and carpet, he was here with the machine here 3 hrs came back, my bill was 275.00 the machine broke another 2 hrs.
then I did ask if he would help me to turn the matress for 20.00. he did that also. The machine did break, it is on a truck, then he came back for about 2 more hrs.

[SIZE=5]JfromReston[/SIZE]
I use Ayoub Carpet Service and they do a good job. I first tired them because they were recommended by Washington Checkbook.
Not sure if you're suggesting that JfromReston and LVMYDACH are both affiliated with Ayoub Carpet Cleaning, but I'm pretty sure they're not. Both are regular contributors on a broad range of topics and they sure seem legit to me.

FWIW, we had Ayoub come out and clean the hardwoods in the home we just purchased prior to move-in, and we were very pleased with both the service and the results. We've also been pleased with the follow-up customer service. We haven't used them for carpet cleaning, but if they do that as well as they do hardwoods, then they do good work. They're not inexpensive, though, unfortunately.

BTW, I'm also not affiliated with Ayoub.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:54 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,961,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiletfix View Post
Here is some great advice my flooring expert told me. Most carpet cleaners will make the situation worse. You have to be very careful about the moisture. The carpet should be so dry, when they are done, that you can walk on it in your socks, without them getting wet. The problems generally lie in the pad. He said there were 10,000 carpet cleaners in this city; and he had encountered one good one. 600 is a ripoff. If it is that dirty; you would be chasing good money after bad.
Did he tell you the name of the one good carpet cleaner? He is right about the pad. The first time we had our carpet cleaned dirt must have been left in the pad in one spot because after a few months the carpet would act like a wick and the stain would reappear. We finally got rid of the carpet and installed wood floors through most of our condo. We still have carpet in the bedrooms and will need a good cleaner.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:16 PM

230 posts, read 757,785 times
I can assure EVERYONE on this messageboard that I am not affiliated with Ayoub Carpet Service (ACS) in Chantilly in ANY way other than being a customer of their services! Any doubts, take a look at all the prior posts that I have done on this messageboard for some time - I'm a stay at home Mom and NOT in the carpet cleaning business nor is my husband who is retired military and a civilian employee with the Department of Defense! Yes, I have used Ayoub Carpet Service (ACS) twice and was VERY pleased with their carpet cleaning and customer service. They are listed in Checkbook Magazine and the Washingtonian Magazine as a reputable carpet cleaning company and highly rated - that is why I sought out their service. The only problem that I have with Ayoub is their price is a little high. But as the saying goes, you get what you pay for!

Last edited by LVMYDACH; 09-18-2009 at 09:40 PM..

Old 09-19-2009, 06:08 AM

2,090 posts, read 4,244,907 times
I have no affiliation with ACS other than being a satisfied customer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia