Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 08:34 PM

33 posts, read 53,766 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving back to the east coast in 2-3 months and just saw pics of Leesburg and fell in love. Then I saw what homes go for in that area- yikes! I'm looking for a condo/townhome within walking distance of restaurants/shopping in the 200-300k range. At all a possibility in Leesburg?? If not, are there any other towns that anyone can think of that have a similar feel? I like VA in general but I'm not married to it either...
Thanks!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 10:25 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,695,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichon18 View Post
I'll be moving back to the east coast in 2-3 months and just saw pics of Leesburg and fell in love. Then I saw what homes go for in that area- yikes! I'm looking for a condo/townhome within walking distance of restaurants/shopping in the 200-300k range. At all a possibility in Leesburg?? If not, are there any other towns that anyone can think of that have a similar feel? I like VA in general but I'm not married to it either...
Thanks!!
Warrenton is kinda like Leesburg. Similar style and pace of life. Its the Southern end of "Hunt Country".

Old 03-13-2009, 08:15 AM

241 posts, read 987,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichon18 View Post
Thanks!!
hmmm, IMO you should be able to easily get a townhome within your price range in Leesburg. Do extensive house-hunting when you come back, keep an eye out for foreclosures. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find something nice.

P.S. The prices have fallen A LOT here in Leesburg. We bought a SFH for 435k last year which was sold in 2006 for above 650k.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:08 PM

743 posts, read 3,901,098 times
You might want to check out Fredericksburg.

There are condos for sale at Cobblestone Square by the train station (new construction) and condo's for sale at Maury Commons, which is an old school.

I'd personally check out Maury Commons. I saw one unit for sale that was $265k, 12 foot ceilings, rooftop deck, really nice kitchen, walk-in closets, and only a couple blocks from all the downtown shops and entertainment.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:02 PM

33 posts, read 53,766 times
I have a friend who lives in Fredericksburg and I love the downtown area- but worry about all that I-95 traffic. What's the traffic like in Leesburg? Really, I could get a condo in the 200-300 k range?? Within walking distance to restaurant/shops??? I will definitely do some more research!! THANKS!

Old 03-15-2009, 09:33 PM

280 posts, read 1,042,016 times
Any idea where you'd be working?

All of the areas mentioned (Fredericksburg, Leesburg, Warrenton) are pretty far out and would be a massive DC commute. You'd want to at least work along the same "spoke" (for Leesburg something on 7 like Herndon/Reston or Tysons, for Warrenton something on 66/29 like Manassas or Fairfax, etc.) and even those are painful.

It's unfortunate that traffic drives our lives so much down here, but worth considering in deciding where to live.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:44 AM

743 posts, read 3,901,098 times
If you can take the VRE into work (or transfer to the metro or bus), then you could get a condo at Coblestone square, and be a short walk from the train station. You could walk from the other condo's too, but it would be a few blocks. (Could easily bike it though) Coblestone square is maybe 3ish blocks from the train station, and Maury Commons is about 6-ish... but I'd say that Maury Commons is closer to the main downtown area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia