Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2008, 09:25 AM

241 posts, read 988,807 times

Advertisements

Anyone know a good dentist in Herndon or Leesburg?

I have dental insurance, so expense is not an issue but I need someone who is honest and professional, not one of those sleazy types who keep ripping you and your insurance off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 09:41 AM

989 posts, read 2,861,949 times
I use Dr. Mayo in Leesburg on Davis Drive. The practice is a father and two sons and I have always thought they did a great job. I go to one of the sons, although I can't remember his name (Steven or Ryan). Their number is 703-777-3510. They did veneers on my top 6 front teeth and it looks great, even 4 yrs later. Good luck in your search.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:21 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,746,299 times
I really like (I would use the word "love" but she is a dentist haha) Dr. Shahla Ranjbar in Leesburg. We've gone to her for three years and not only is she great, she is wonderful with scared patients. (703)669-8688 She was recommended to me by an oral surgeon.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:16 PM

822 posts, read 3,009,124 times
I really liked William Ossakow (Skinner-Ossakow) in Centreville; they seem to have an office in Herndon. I was a mega dental phobe and he just got me through everything and balked at another dentist's outrageous cost estimate. Just a great guy.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:59 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,910,732 times
Leesburg Dental is very good. Dr Lee and his wife run the practice. It's right off of rt 7 and Cardinal drive.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:37 AM

241 posts, read 988,807 times
Thank you everyone for your recommendations. They were a big help

Old 09-09-2009, 02:54 PM

53 posts, read 172,263 times
I am new to this area and took the bad advice to see Dr. Shahla Ranjbar.
At my first visit, they noticed that I had dental insurance that had not been used yet this year. They did every extra test they could get paid for. Then Dr. Ranjbar looked at my xrays and told me I needed at least 2 crowns, and possibly a third, as well as fillings for at least six new cavities that I had. The crowns would cost $880 each. She also wanted me to come in for a separate appointment for a "consultation" to discuss everything since she didn't have time to go over all of the problems I had at my initial visit. The dental hygienist also told me that I need to get cleanings every 3-4 months, and not the normal cleanings, but special cleanings that cost $50 extra for my gum disease.

I wasn't sure about this advice, so I emailed the xrays to my old dentist in Charlottesville and talked with him about it over the phone. He said he didn't see anything that I needed crowns for and recommended me to get a second opinion. He also didn't think I needed the extra cleanings because I didn't have any active gum disease. So I went to a dentist in Wincester for a second (or rather third) opinion. He looked at the copy of the xrays and at my teeth, and he said he didn't see anything wrong. I asked him to repeat the xrays just in case. He did that, and then said everything still looked fine, there are no cavities, and there is no work needed.

So judge for yourself, but I would stay far, far away from Dr. Shahla Ranjbar.

Last edited by cav fan; 09-09-2009 at 03:50 PM..

Old 01-15-2010, 03:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,919 times
I read cav fan comment and couldn't help but to reply. I have been with Dr. Ranjbar for over 7 years now and since the first time she worked on my teeth, I fell in love with her strategy. After completing my treatment thoroughly, now I visit twice a year for deep cleaning to prevent any further problems. I trust Dr. Ranjbar all the way, also to mention she was voted Top Ten Dentists in 2009.

I have been tooth ach free for as long as I can remember, and if you had a tooth ach, you know what I am talking about.

I recommend Dr. Shahla Ranjbar.

Last edited by jony12; 01-15-2010 at 04:08 AM..

Old 01-15-2010, 07:10 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,393,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cav fan View Post
I am new to this area and took the bad advice to see Dr. Shahla Ranjbar.
At my first visit, they noticed that I had dental insurance that had not been used yet this year. They did every extra test they could get paid for. Then Dr. Ranjbar looked at my xrays and told me I needed at least 2 crowns, and possibly a third, as well as fillings for at least six new cavities that I had. The crowns would cost $880 each. She also wanted me to come in for a separate appointment for a "consultation" to discuss everything since she didn't have time to go over all of the problems I had at my initial visit. The dental hygienist also told me that I need to get cleanings every 3-4 months, and not the normal cleanings, but special cleanings that cost $50 extra for my gum disease.

I wasn't sure about this advice, so I emailed the xrays to my old dentist in Charlottesville and talked with him about it over the phone. He said he didn't see anything that I needed crowns for and recommended me to get a second opinion. He also didn't think I needed the extra cleanings because I didn't have any active gum disease. So I went to a dentist in Wincester for a second (or rather third) opinion. He looked at the copy of the xrays and at my teeth, and he said he didn't see anything wrong. I asked him to repeat the xrays just in case. He did that, and then said everything still looked fine, there are no cavities, and there is no work needed.

So judge for yourself, but I would stay far, far away from Dr. Shahla Ranjbar.
Iif this is completely accurate -- that is shocking. I would call that Dr. Ranjbar and tell her that you received two other opinions that showed her recommendations to be unnecessary. I would be furious if that happened to me -- it is unethical.

If you are anywhere near Fair Oaks Hospital -- I can HIGHLY recommend Dr. David Sibley -- and I am VERY particular about dentists. He was trained at Georgetown University when it had the premiere dental school in the country -- and I have recommended him to numerous people and they all are very happy with his work. He has a very nice staff, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia