Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2008, 08:03 PM

5 posts, read 28,116 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I currently drive from Frederick MD to Leesburg and have a nice, easy 40 minute drive. I am looking at a position in Chantilly, and have been trying to estimate the drive. The most efficient way would be to take the Greenway from Leesburg to Rt. 28, and drop down Rt. 28 to Chantilly, but of course the Greenway is $$$. The other way was Evergreen Mills. Rd. to Belmont Ridge Rd. to Rt. 50. I've heard some bad things about Evergreen Mills, Belmont Ridge, and Rt. 50 in the mornings.

So overall what would be the best way to get from Leesburg to Chantilly and what length of time am I looking at adding to my current drive? Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 03:33 AM

2,765 posts, read 8,334,284 times
What if the Greenway is cheaper plus cost of gas? You could be in stop/go traffic on 50 East burning up fuel.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:55 AM

5 posts, read 28,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRE332 View Post
What if the Greenway is cheaper plus cost of gas? You could be in stop/go traffic on 50 East burning up fuel.
Here are the two alternatives I am looking at (approximate distances according to Google Maps):

(1) 12 miles on The Greenway, 6-7 miles on Rt. 28

OR

(2) 11 miles on Evergreen Mills Rd., 1 mile on LoCo Pkway, 5 miles on Rt. 50

Unless I can absolutely fly on the Greenway and make a huge mileage compared to Evergreen Mills to compensate for the tolls, I think the gas cost is a wash.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:56 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,895,105 times
Quote:
The other way was Evergreen Mills. Rd. to Belmont Ridge Rd. to Rt. 50. I've heard some bad things about Evergreen Mills, Belmont Ridge,
The problem with these are that they are 2 lane roads and are curvy and parts really need to be repaved. You get behind a construction truck etc...and it can take forever.

There is talk of widening and paving Sycloin rd all the way to Ashburn (parts are still gravel and wash out during rain) That would be nice if they did that.
But it does run from Evergeenmill and into ashburn farm then farmwell and then becomes waxpool and then 28 and that would avoid having to go on rt 50. (it's not that well marked though, and i always seemed to turn wrong and end up on belmont ridge for some reason!!)

The greenway will cost you about $10 round trip...I doubt the cost savings from red light stop and go would make up for that.

I'd try out rt7 to 28 right into chantilly. from 28 to chantilly you will going against most of the traffic. and rt7 moves along pretty good despite the lights. Now that they have the fly over at Claiborne and are putting one in leesburg at Battlefield that will help traffic move without the lights there. They are currently expanding battlefield pky all the way to 267 from the 15 bypass.

rt50 would be pretty packed going east in the AM. It really can get to be a parking lot.

When there is accident onrt7 you can always get on Riverside pakyway at rt15 and take that to Claiborne pkwy to farmwell to waxpool to 28. kinda winds around ashburn but the roads move pretty good when rt 7 has problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia