Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 10:44 AM

772 posts, read 1,142,216 times

Advertisements

Hello. I have an appointment at a building across the street from the Fairfax County Courthouse tomorrow morning at 10.

According to WAMATA, I can take the red line to Metro Center, then the orange line to West Falls Church Station, then the next train to Vienna Station/Fairfax. (According to them, track work necessitated an extra step.)

From there, they recommended taking the "Cue" bus. But I would have to be there by 9:02, and I question whether I'd be able to do that.

I don't have a smart phone, so Uber/Lyft are not in play.

Are there cabs outside of Vienna/Fairfax station? I don't want to have to call a cab once I'm there. If there are no cabs waiting, what's the best/fastest cab company and its number?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 10:57 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,425,783 times
You could also take the blue line to the Pentagon then take the 17A as it stops by the Courthouse. Longer, but less transfers.

The orange line is running buses between Vienna/West Falls Church. There should be some cabs at the taxi stand. The Cue Gold 1 bus is like every 30 minutes.

Old 10-16-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd888 View Post
You could also take the blue line to the Pentagon then take the 17A as it stops by the Courthouse. Longer, but less transfers.

The orange line is running buses between Vienna/West Falls Church. There should be some cabs at the taxi stand. The Cue Gold 1 bus is like every 30 minutes.
Thanks. I'm confused here. I am not going to be on a bus. The WAMATA rep said that the subway is going to go to Vienna Station/Fairfax. That's the station where I'm getting off of the subway. Are there taxis available?

Thanks again.

Old 10-16-2016, 03:37 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,425,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itinérant View Post
Thanks. I'm confused here. I am not going to be on a bus. The WAMATA rep said that the subway is going to go to Vienna Station/Fairfax. That's the station where I'm getting off of the subway. Are there taxis available?
Never mind the bus thing that only applies to the weekend. Yes there are taxis at the Vienna station.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd888 View Post
Never mind the bus thing that only applies to the weekend. Yes there are taxis at the Vienna station.
Thanks.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:36 PM

I forgot to ask. What time do you think I need to get on the metro at the Silver Spring Station to make it happen? I have to be there by 10? I was thinking 8:30 should do it.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:17 PM

947 posts, read 1,401,770 times
According to the WMATA (Metro) website, the trip from Silver Spring to Vienna takes 55 minutes, but because of Safe Track work on the West Falls-Vienna segment, you will have to transfer at West Falls for a separate train the remaining two stops to Vienna. Metro says this shuttle train will run every six minutes in rush hour and every 24 minutes in non-rush. So, to play it safe -- this is Metro we're talking about, after all -- I'd allow at least 90 minutes for the trip on Metro.

You don't have to worry about finding a taxi at the Vienna Metro; there's always a line-up of them at all hours. When you exit through the fare gates, turn left and walk out to the roadway; the taxis are right there. Via I-66 West and Chain Bridge Road (Rt. 123), I would think the taxi should take about 15-20 minutes maximum to get to the Fairfax County courthouse.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS67 View Post
According to the WMATA (Metro) website, the trip from Silver Spring to Vienna takes 55 minutes, but because of Safe Track work on the West Falls-Vienna segment, you will have to transfer at West Falls for a separate train the remaining two stops to Vienna. Metro says this shuttle train will run every six minutes in rush hour and every 24 minutes in non-rush. So, to play it safe -- this is Metro we're talking about, after all -- I'd allow at least 90 minutes for the trip on Metro.

You don't have to worry about finding a taxi at the Vienna Metro; there's always a line-up of them at all hours. When you exit through the fare gates, turn left and walk out to the roadway; the taxis are right there. Via I-66 West and Chain Bridge Road (Rt. 123), I would think the taxi should take about 15-20 minutes maximum to get to the Fairfax County courthouse.
Thanks. Regarding this "shuttle train," do I have to go to a different platform or something? The WAMATA representative said that I could just get off of the train and wait for the next one to come.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:21 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,528,631 times
I would recommend either taking a taxi from West Falls Church or a bus to Fairfax. Getting between Vienna snd West Falls church will take forever between waiting on the train and its slow speed because of single tracking. That sounds like a miserable trip.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:39 PM

It was a HORRIBLE trip. I took the metro to West Falls, waited, then took the metro shuttle to Vienna. Took the cab from there. On the way back, to save money, took the Cue Gold 1 to Vienna, which took forever. Of course, we had to get off at West Falls. Then on to Metro Station and the Red Line. I'll NEVER do it again. It took FOREVER.

Thanks all the same to everyone for helping to make it happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia