Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 02:53 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,425,466 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am interested in the french immersion program offered at Kent Garden ES and was wondering if anyone knows of condos/townhouses for rent that feed into Kent Garden? I tried searching online but everything I found was for Westgate. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 03:25 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,109,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCmum View Post
Hello,

I am interested in the french immersion program offered at Kent Garden ES and was wondering if anyone knows of condos/townhouses for rent that feed into Kent Garden? I tried searching online but everything I found was for Westgate. Thank you
Here are a couple:

6893 Mclean Province Cir, Falls Church, VA 22043 - Home for Rent - realtor.com®

7027 Alicent Pl, Mclean, VA 22101 - Home for Rent - realtor.com®

Old 01-08-2014, 04:25 PM

Thanks, I guess i should have stated that I am looking for 2bedrooms . Is there a site that shows you rentals based off of a school?

Old 01-08-2014, 05:02 PM

617 posts, read 1,359,020 times
I know we aren't supposed to post direct listings, but you can type a school into Redfin, off the top of my head, and it will show you things for sale. Not sure about rentals, but you can use the boundary outline it provides and go from there on another site if you wish.

For what it's worth, I grew up in the area but went to a different elementary school than Kent Gardens. First thing you should know, there are very few condo/townhouse areas in Kent Gardens boundaries, I can only think of three off the top of my head. Second, the immersion program, from what I understand, is a lottery, there's no guarantee your kid will get in so I'm not sure I'd base my decision only on that.

And this is just a personal opinion, but I'd like to see an elementary school tackle an immersion program for a language that might be more useful down the line. Nothing against French, but the way the world is trending, Mandarin or Arabic would probably pay off more. Barring that however, having a bilingual child is still a positive, both for their learning, and for the fact that you don't have to get mad at them for cursing at you as teenagers because you'll have no idea anyway.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:09 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,109,770 times
Quote:
Thanks, I guess i should have stated that I am looking for 2bedrooms . Is there a site that shows you rentals based off of a school?
Not sure about the sites. I know there are townhouses that feed into Kent Gardens, but they all seem to have three bedrooms or more. There may be 2-bedroom condos in nearby areas for which Haycock, Spring Hill or Franklin Sherman is the base school. Good luck.

Last edited by JD984; 01-08-2014 at 07:32 PM..

Old 01-08-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forehead View Post
I know we aren't supposed to post direct listings, but you can type a school into Redfin, off the top of my head, and it will show you things for sale. Not sure about rentals, but you can use the boundary outline it provides and go from there on another site if you wish.

For what it's worth, I grew up in the area but went to a different elementary school than Kent Gardens. First thing you should know, there are very few condo/townhouse areas in Kent Gardens boundaries, I can only think of three off the top of my head. Second, the immersion program, from what I understand, is a lottery, there's no guarantee your kid will get in so I'm not sure I'd base my decision only on that.

And this is just a personal opinion, but I'd like to see an elementary school tackle an immersion program for a language that might be more useful down the line. Nothing against French, but the way the world is trending, Mandarin or Arabic would probably pay off more. Barring that however, having a bilingual child is still a positive, both for their learning, and for the fact that you don't have to get mad at them for cursing at you as teenagers because you'll have no idea anyway.
Thank you! I am actually from France, so French would be very useful to my DC so she can communicate with family nothing to do with "what language would pay more down the line". What are the 3 condos you can think of on the top of your head? I understand it is a lottery and is not guaranteed , but better try than not. I haven't found any other french immersion programs in the area, so this is as good as it gets I guess.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:35 PM

617 posts, read 1,359,020 times
Quote:
Thank you! I am actually from France, so French would be very useful to my DC so she can communicate with family nothing to do with "what language would pay more down the line". What are the 3 condos you can think of on the top of your head? I understand it is a lottery and is not guaranteed , but better try than not. I haven't found any other french immersion programs in the area, so this is as good as it gets I guess.
I meant there are three townhouse communities in the Kent Gardens boundary that I can think of, not only three total. Jeb already posted examples from two of them. There's a 3rd at the Great Falls/Chain Bridge corner, one of the streets is called Eldorado if you want to look on a map. I have no idea what kind of rentals are available, but if you're looking at Kent Gardens and want a townhouse/condo, those are your three options, unless I'm forgetting another development, but most of the area is single family homes.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forehead View Post
I meant there are three townhouse communities in the Kent Gardens boundary that I can think of, not only three total. Jeb already posted examples from two of them. There's a 3rd at the Great Falls/Chain Bridge corner, one of the streets is called Eldorado if you want to look on a map. I have no idea what kind of rentals are available, but if you're looking at Kent Gardens and want a townhouse/condo, those are your three options, unless I'm forgetting another development, but most of the area is single family homes.
Good to know. I thought there were more condos available in that area I guess we will have to take this off of our list. Thank you for helping!

Old 01-09-2014, 01:46 PM

406 posts, read 621,092 times
Kent Gardens is a pretty expensive district so quickly was off my last during my townhouse search. But I see Stoneleigh and Hallcrest Heights as TH communities in that district.

Does anyone know if "The Westerlies" condo TH development is in this district? I show it as having some 2 bedroom units. Located Magarity Rd at Westwind Rd.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:50 PM

76 posts, read 177,365 times
You do not have to live in the Kent Gardens school boundaries to attend the French immersion program at KGE. We put 3 children through and we lived in Falls Church (Fairfax County 22046 and later 22043 Haycock School area). As someone said it is a lottery to get in and siblings of current FI students get preference placement.
You do also have to live in Fairfax County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia