Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 AM

21 posts, read 35,035 times

Advertisements

Anyone know where I can look for toddler swim lessons in Fairfax County other than the rec centers? The spring lessons opened up yesterday and I went to sign up today and they are already all full!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 08:49 AM

774 posts, read 1,047,704 times
We take our 6 month old grandson to SwimKids in Woodbridge. They have other locations too so check out their web site http://http://www.swimkids.us/.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:44 AM

2,612 posts, read 5,583,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karraeb View Post
Anyone know where I can look for toddler swim lessons in Fairfax County other than the rec centers? The spring lessons opened up yesterday and I went to sign up today and they are already all full!
Swimkids has several locations in the area.

Are you sure the classes are full? I registered ten minutes ago and most of them were no more than half full. A few of the ones that start earlier - like march - were full, but otherwise there were plenty available.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 AM

21 posts, read 35,035 times
We can only do March on weekends because we will be out of town for half of the classes for the May sessions. All the March ones we could attend were full Bummer.

Swimkids is kind of far from us, but we do have Lifetime Fitness nearby and their website says they offer lessons, but I am not sure if you have to be a member or not. I'll give them a call to check it out.

Thanks for your replies!

Old 02-06-2013, 12:38 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,262,599 times
Try the Reston Community Center. You don't have to be a resident of Reston to use it

Old 02-06-2013, 02:13 PM

247 posts, read 1,140,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karraeb View Post
It's crazy right? I went online at 6:30am the day of registration (it opened at 5am) and lots of stuff was full. My 2 and 4 year old both got the last spots, they were filling up as I was typing. I had no idea - it's worse than trying to get in preschool!

Old 02-06-2013, 09:11 PM

1,261 posts, read 6,103,628 times
I don't know if the Burke Racquet and Swim Club is near you, but they have classes open to non-members. Perhaps other similar types of clubs near you offer classes.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:53 PM

15 posts, read 28,238 times
Yea, the Parktakes ones fill up at 5:03am My son started going to Swimkids (Gainesville location - not a bad drive in non-rush hour times) this summer (he was 4) and is still going. He LOVES it and still can't wait to go every week. I think the place is GREAT. All of the instructors are great, he just keeps advancing in his skills, class size is 3-4 kids max, lots of times it's him and 1 other kid if the class isn't full. I'm thrilled with the place and how well he's doing and how much he loves it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia