Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 12:55 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,269,941 times

Advertisements

Geez, that's exactly what the Route 50 corridor needs - more houses. I read there are plans to widen 50 between Poland and 28, but that's not going to help a lot. Houses going up on Gum Springs, Braddock, etc. That whole area might as well be a giant parking lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 06:05 PM

505 posts, read 766,171 times
The important issue for both home prices and traffic is how many houses (at what price point) are going in, not the acreage of the development.

Given the large amount of conservation space, the relatively large lots based on the pricing and size of the homes, and the land which won't have houses built on it because of geography, roads, or neighborhood layout I don't think you are going to see the number of people living in Willowsford being anywhere near that of other communities in the area which are much, much denser.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,733 times
I was disappointed to learn that the Addison model is a total of 4, 800 sq ft (including finished basement). Why build such big homes? I thought less than 3, 000 sq ft was roomy enough. I would like to see more quality in homes rather than quantity. Willowsford houses all have huge square footage. The Addison has a starting price of $549, 000, but the model is completely decked out, its priced at $799, 000. You cannot customize your home with Integrity, but have options A, B, and C. This doesn't work for me so what are they willing to alter...

I want a community that focuses on quality over quantity, self -sufficient, allows green technology...it's not Eco village of Loudoun...that place needs to get its act together.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:20 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,293,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
And they better get busy paving the rest of Braddock Road out there. The potholes near the model home are ginormous, especially after the rain we've had.
Is it true Braddock Road will eventually reach the Pacific Ocean?

Old 12-23-2012, 08:42 AM

881 posts, read 2,095,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Is it true Braddock Road will eventually reach the Pacific Ocean?
Sure. It's got to reach the other (western) end of Virginia, circa 1610....

Old 04-07-2013, 06:52 PM

171 posts, read 233,911 times
Has anyone heard why Integrity Homes is offering a lease-back on their 2 models in The Grove at Willowsford? Seems like the smaller model opened in October and the larger one just opened. Is Integrity getting out of building in Willowsford?

Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 AM

989 posts, read 2,858,951 times
Aren't lease-backs the norms for model homes? They sell you the home and rent it back from you until they don't need it any more (meaning they've sold all their homes). I think that's normal.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:24 AM

244 posts, read 566,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleigh34 View Post
I was disappointed to learn that the Addison model is a total of 4, 800 sq ft (including finished basement). Why build such big homes? I thought less than 3, 000 sq ft was roomy enough. I would like to see more quality in homes rather than quantity.
This is simple enough to solve. Just pretend that the basement is not there. You are not going to find high quality small homes all the way out in Loudoun county, where the lots are large and cheap.

Quote:
Willowsford houses all have huge square footage. The Addison has a starting price of $549, 000, but the model is completely decked out, its priced at $799, 000. You cannot customize your home with Integrity, but have options A, B, and C. This doesn't work for me so what are they willing to alter...
Sounds like you really want a custom home by a high end builder like Morris Day or Chadsworth. You can then have a 2000sqft home built for $600k plus cost of the lot.

Quote:
I want a community that focuses on quality over quantity, self -sufficient, allows green technology...it's not Eco village of Loudoun...that place needs to get its act together.
It's easy to find quality over quantity, just shop closer to DC.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:27 PM

31 posts, read 79,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaOne View Post
This is simple enough to solve. Just pretend that the basement is not there. You are not going to find high quality small homes all the way out in Loudoun county, where the lots are large and cheap.

Sounds like you really want a custom home by a high end builder like Morris Day or Chadsworth. You can then have a 2000sqft home built for $600k plus cost of the lot.

It's easy to find quality over quantity, just shop closer to DC.
I know this is an old post but just wanted to point out that Arcadia homes has some nice ranch style houses that are not massive, and are on larger lots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia