Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,845 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Leesburg and have been church-hopping every weekend. I've been to some very contemporary/large churches, some very traditional churches. I'm not looking for a particular denomination, but I am looking for a church that is open-minded about same-sex unions and welcoming to people from all backgrounds. I'm coming from a UCC/Congregational Church that was very liberal and open. The closest UCC church to Leesburg is 30 min. away. I need something much more local as I have a toddler and an infant to get ready and juggle nap times around. My husband likes to have the rest of the day off as well, so driving any distance to church is not going to happen. Anyway, any suggestions would be helpful. I feel like I'm just drawing a name out of a hat every week and seeing what I get. It is also very hard to tell a congregation's bent from one visit.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 11:28 PM

2,380 posts, read 4,514,815 times
You haven't tried St. James' or St. Gabriel's? My wife and I have been there a couple times since moving and have liked it. (St. James' that it, St. Gabriel's is a branch church that is starting up due to population growth in the area.)

Old 06-17-2011, 04:23 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,756,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJER View Post
I recently moved to Leesburg and have been church-hopping every weekend. I've been to some very contemporary/large churches, some very traditional churches. I'm not looking for a particular denomination, but I am looking for a church that is open-minded about same-sex unions and welcoming to people from all backgrounds. I'm coming from a UCC/Congregational Church that was very liberal and open.
While I'm not local to your area, I am familiar with the Unity Church. Overall, it is a contemporary, progressive, very inclusive Christian based church. We are searching areas to relocate; one of the first things I check out is the location of the nearest Unity Church. Here is the website to the Unity Church nearest you: index Hope this is helpful to you & best of luck!

Old 06-17-2011, 06:19 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,443,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpickrell View Post
You haven't tried St. James' or St. Gabriel's? My wife and I have been there a couple times since moving and have liked it. (St. James' that it, St. Gabriel's is a branch church that is starting up due to population growth in the area.)
Saint Gabriels was started in 2003. Any idea how many members?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia