Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 09:59 PM

97 posts, read 321,096 times

Advertisements

Anyone know how much more space is planned for more single family homes in Brambleton?

We love the current Allegheny model from Pulte and that is our basic price point (base of $500K), but we just aren't ready to buy now. We're thinking about two years out is our ideal time frame to buy, and we'd love to buy new, and we love Brambleton. Perfect location for both our jobs and we just really like the area overall.

I know Pulte has a small chunk of SF homes now, Van Metre has a small chunk of SF homes, and Miller and Smith has a larger chunk of SF homes across Belmont Ridge. (We've visited those and like them, too, but not as much as the Allegheny model from Pulte.)

Anyway, I've looked at all the maps I can find online, and it does appear that there is more space for homes, but I can't find an overall plan for future development. Of course I asked the Pulte sales rep, but she said she had no idea and only knew what was available currently.

Anyone have more information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 10:13 PM

219 posts, read 472,077 times
Almost certainly no homes will ever again be sold in Brambleton. The current residents like it so much they will never leave. Thus you will have to get used to the bitter fact that your dream of owning a home there can never be realized.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:49 PM

97 posts, read 321,096 times
Are you mocking me?

I fully realize that there will be resale homes available in Brambleton as time goes on.

My post above did say that we would love to buy new, hence my question about plans for future new SF homes in Brambleton.

If I should be laughing at your sarcasm, please tell me.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:20 AM

735 posts, read 1,170,017 times
Default Brambleton

Stuntmonkey:

Like you I am thinking about buying in the Brambleton area in about 2 1/2 years. If I were you, I would keep track of the developments for this community, i.e. new builds and where they are going to be built.

I am looking for new towns homes as close to the towncenter as possible (walking distance). So I have made a map of new builts and their locations. As new locations are scouted and ultimately developed they will be added to the map as well.

On a side note there is a large swath of land just to the south of the town center (behind the gym). In the coming years I have a feeling that this land will be used either for town homes or family homes. If I were you, I would keep an eye on it. It is in a very, very good location.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:05 AM

63 posts, read 106,669 times
When I moved to Ashburn 10 years ago there was not yet one house built there. We looked, but construction was to start later than when we wanted to move. At that time there was a 10 year plan for build-out. Clearly things have slowed. They have a ton a land, and can probably build for another 10 years. I can remember people camping out overnight to get in line for prime lots for the Gulick homes. Those folks paid steep lot premiums too. I'm sure you can locate plans at the County offices.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:46 AM

477 posts, read 736,638 times
How do you compare schools in Brambleton area to that of Vienna or McLean.

We have set ourselves a similar time frame to buy a home again. I would love to buy a home under McLean or Langley HS but don't think I can afford $$$$.

Anyways, I have heard a lot about Brambleton in my office. Looks like it is hot area. (Sorry I am new to VA..its been just 4 months)

Old 04-19-2011, 06:57 AM

30 posts, read 49,221 times
When I visited there a couple of years ago, they had an office where you could walk in and ask questions. In that office they had a mock-up of the neighborhood which showed areas yet to be developed. Most of Brambleton on the strip mall side had been or was being built. At the time, they were talking about building across the road. From what I remember, there was a great deal of land over there. I would call in advance.

Nice development, with plenty of options on housing (condo, townhouse, SFH).

Old 04-19-2011, 08:26 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,513,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechRider View Post
How do you compare schools in Brambleton area to that of Vienna or McLean.

We have set ourselves a similar time frame to buy a home again. I would love to buy a home under McLean or Langley HS but don't think I can afford $$$$.

Anyways, I have heard a lot about Brambleton in my office. Looks like it is hot area. (Sorry I am new to VA..its been just 4 months)
What is your budget? For 500k you can get an okay SFH in the Madison, Oakton, or Woodson zones, a TH in the McLean zone, or a nice SFH in the Broad Run/Briar Woods/Stone Bridge zones. Does all of Brambleton zone to Briar Woods?

Loudoun County Public Schools are mostly (except maybe Park View and some of the feeder ES) solid middle class schools. None of the highs (like McLean) or the lows (like Mount Vernon) of FCPS.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:50 AM

5,125 posts, read 10,085,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpickrell View Post
Loudoun County Public Schools are mostly (except maybe Park View and some of the feeder ES) solid middle class schools. None of the highs (like McLean) or the lows (like Mount Vernon) of FCPS.
FWIW, I'd say Park View HS in Loudoun is pretty comparable to Mount Vernon HS in Fairfax, in terms of the metrics that presumably led you to call it a "low." In practical terms, what that means is that some of the Sterling neighborhoods that feed into Park View aren't too different, in terms of income levels and the like, from some of the neighborhoods off Route 1 in Alexandria that feed into Mount Vernon. They pull the average test scores down and scare off some people.

However, I think anything near Brambleton will indeed be what you'd call "solid middle class schools" (for NoVa). If the price and neighborhood works better for the OP, I really can't see any reason to stretch to live in McLean or Vienna instead just because scores at the schools there are somewhat higher.

Last edited by JD984; 04-19-2011 at 08:58 AM..

Old 04-19-2011, 09:42 AM

2,136 posts, read 5,308,494 times
stuntmonkey, you should visit the Brambleton Welcome Center. It's in the "pass-through" of the Town Center, between the "daily needs" side and the movie theater side. They can show you maps of the future parcels yet to be developed.

Have you seen the site plan (http://issuu.com/brambleton/docs/siteplan - broken link)? You know where the current builds are. Yet to be sold: the pink area in the lower right, which I believe is intended to be "active adult" (55+); everything south of the hypothetical golf course, east of Belmont Ridge; the triangle south of Creighton, west of Northstar; the yellow and burgundy chunks on the far left.

The current phase is selling very well. Brambleton sold 352 new homes in 2010 - almost one a day, and their best year ever. Brambleton is a great community - I've been here 7.5 years. There are tons of activities, the Town Center is great, and we've made lots of good friends here.

Also, to answer stpickrell's question - all of Brambleton is currently in the Briar Woods attendance zone, but that may not always be the case. We do have some overcrowding issues in our two elementary schools; for next year, both are in "overflow" for first grade, and depending how enrollments shake out over the summer, some kids may be bused to another local school. One school has just under 1000 kids, the other has under 900; a K-5 school that large just blows my mind, but that's just how it is in eastern Loudoun. As for "class", Briar Woods HS is 6% economically disadvantaged; Legacy ES, and Creighton's Corner ES are 9%. All three schools include students from outside Brambleton proper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia