Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2011, 01:05 PM

3 posts, read 5,190 times

Advertisements

Tone509, sorry new to this, I didn't even see my original post or that anyone had replied to me until now!

Please tell me about the schools and neighborhoods in Loudoun County....We looked in Ashburn & Aldie but weren't too thrilled. Ashburn was overpopulated, Aldie seemed more peaceful but there weren't too many available homes to purchase!

I have been searching online and I see that Round Hill & Purcellville look more private and peaceful but I do not know how the schools and neighborhoods are so please help!!

Last edited by CAJ929; 02-21-2011 at 01:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 01:17 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,456,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJ929 View Post
Tone509, sorry new to this, I didn't even see my original post or that anyone had replied to me until now!

Please tell me about the schools and neighborhoods in Loudoun County....We looked in Ashburn & Aldie but weren't too thrilled. Ashburn was overpopulated, Aldie seemed more peaceful but there weren't too many available homes to purchase!

I have been searching online and I see that Round Hill & Purcellville look more private and peaceful but I do not know how the schools and neighborhoods are so please help!!

Round HIll and Purcellville and awesome and the schools are absolutely top notch across the board. If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me or do more searching because there are tons of posts on these subjects.

I hated Ashburn, way too crowded and homogeous for me, love Purcellville and Round Hill! You can't go wrong out here in Western Loudoun.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:32 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,169,137 times
Note that the previous two posts were moved from another thread to ensure relevancy.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:39 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,169,137 times
Eastern Loudoun County, including Leesburg, Ashburn and Sterling, are comparatively high-density compared to western Loudoun County which has slow growth restrictions and subsequently higher home prices.

Note also that if the commute of the breadwinner(s) is any further east than Reston/Herndon/Tysons Corner, you may be in for a rough time if you live further out than Leesburg.

RE: Schools, others more knowledgeable may elaborate but I believe that there are few "bad" schools in Loudoun County, especially in relatively far-flung areas such as Round Hill and Purcellville.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:12 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,456,102 times
True Tone, there are no "bad" schools in western Loudoun, although here and there there are lower ranked schools. You're best bet is before you make an offer on a house, contact the principal of the school your kids will be attending and speak to them, especially if you have concerns. All the Hamilton, Purcellville, Middleburg and Round Hill schools are excellent.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:23 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,961,604 times
We just moved to Purcellville and it's a nice little town. Everyone is friendly. Definitely slower paced then the closer in areas. We used to live closer in before we moved out of state and now we are back. I can't comment personally on the schools as my kids are younger, but we know some kids that went to Loudoun Valley.

We live in one of the subdivisions and it's a nice place. Kids out playing and sledding and having a good time. The neighbors are friendly as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia