Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 02:28 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,095,161 times

Advertisements

I'd live in Winchester. Take a look at these photos and you can see that it's a nice town.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/north...inchester.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 02:32 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,094,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
I'd live in Winchester. Take a look at these photos and you can see that it's a nice town.
C, thanks for forwarding the photo tour. I hope this helps out the OP!

OP, there's even more than this -- you should visit!

Old 01-29-2011, 03:31 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,176,024 times
Not to discourage anyone from continuing to comment for information's sake...but it would appear from other posts that the OP is now considering Tampa instead.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:38 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,953,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie97 View Post
Can someone in the group help me figure this out.
I am a physician and I have a 7 year old and a 3.5 year old kid. Ee are trying to move. I am looking at an opportunity in Winchester, VA, but we want to live close to Leesburg, VA. Other option is Berryville, VA. Can some one who lives there give me an opinion.
1)What may be the best bet, live in Berryville, VA, be close to work and to Leesburg and possibly pay less in taxes and home prices or just live in Leesburg, VA and commute. Also from the perspective of schools and quality of life!

Thanks
Move to a county other than Loudoun. While I love living in Western Loudoun, we have the highest taxes in the DC area and the highest of any county/state below the Mason Dixon line. Why sign on for that if you don't have to? Move to Clark county, or any county in the west. Why not live close to work, pay less for housing, and have lower taxes? Sounds like a win-win-win to me!

Old 02-09-2011, 08:22 AM

5 posts, read 14,952 times
Thanks so much for the great input. I am strongly considering living in Winchester. Could you kindly drop in a line about Purcellville, VA and is that going to be any better for the commute in terms of the snow and mountain etc. The reason we wanted to be close to Leesburg, VA is mainly friends and family with all the support we would get there and ofcourse closer to Dulles.
Someone told me that Loudoun County is the best for schools.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:24 AM

5 posts, read 14,952 times
Thanks Tone509,
Tampa is just another option. Virginia is our top priority and Winchester is my 1st option if all goes well.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:33 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,457,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie97 View Post
Thanks so much for the great input. I am strongly considering living in Winchester. Could you kindly drop in a line about Purcellville, VA and is that going to be any better for the commute in terms of the snow and mountain etc. The reason we wanted to be close to Leesburg, VA is mainly friends and family with all the support we would get there and ofcourse closer to Dulles.
Someone told me that Loudoun County is the best for schools.
Purcellville is about 10-15 mins closer to Winchester than Leesburg. You will still have to go "over the mountain" every day, and I don't relish that commute during bad weather. It's still close to Leesburg and only about 25 mins from Dulles, so i think it could be a nice middle ground for you.
The western Loudoun schools (Purcellville) are very well regarded and will be a much better system than Winchester, but of course, it's a commute over the mountain.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:20 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,451,751 times
You may be pleasantly surprised by John Kerr Elementary. There's also a Catholic school, Winchester Academy or Powhattan School (in Clarke) to consier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: