Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 08:11 AM

372 posts, read 1,228,722 times

Advertisements

Looking to get input, positive or negative, about the pool at Nay Aug Park.

I have never been there, and my kids prefer a pool to a lake at times when they really want to swim, so I was thinking of going there today and/or tomorrow.

Does it get overly crowded? (I worry about my son, who is autistic, with regard to noise and crowds). Is there a limit as to how many can go, to prevent overcrowding? Is the pool clean and in good condition? Lifeguards - are there enough to watch everyone (Sorry, saw a story on GMA about lifeguards slacking at their jobs, so that's been on my mind!).

Are there other places I should consider?

Thanks to you all - you have always been very honest and responsive to questions here!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 09:32 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,624,454 times
Contrary to the hype, Nay Aug is relatively empty....there are lifeguards, but there is no changing facilities to speak of, The poolhouse is in violation of public health standards as to size vs. capacity , no showers, not enough toilets, urinals... basically its a small restroom, not a poolhouse..
I was there a few times in the last weeks, never saw more than a dozen or two using the pool.
check it out, let us know what you think...

Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times
Why not Lackawanna State Park, they have a pool don't they? Its a great park and would be a great place to spend the day.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:25 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times
My son went to Nay Aug park last week with his Karate Camp. He had a good time. My husband and I had also taken him a few times last year...we had a good time as well. : It does not get overly crowded. Just park yourself and your gear on the grass away from the slide. The area across from the slide looks like cement that hasn't been touched since the 50's.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,558 times
Sorry for the late post, but I just found this board. I'm guessing things about this pool have changed over the years. The positives are 1. the waterslides. Now the negatives are a long list. This is over about a week and a half daily at the pool. prices are high now but it doesnt help that they are handing out free passes to family when anyone over 20,000$ a year does not get one. Even someone who makes 25,000 a year isn't anything to live on but they won't help them with a free pass. sorry getting off topic.. The restrooms are not up to code and have feces and blood on the floor in the women's bathroom. The lifeguards could care less about their jobs. They sit around talking about how easy the brunette is. They are very lazy and since there is no "boss" to watch them, they dont think rules apply to them and they close the big pool whenever they want. A daily call needs to be put in to the parks and rec manager to get it open, to yell at them to do their jobs. I watched a blonde lifeguard sun bathe the entire 6 hours she was there, I've seen the lifeguards allow kids to swim in the big pool without them in the lifeguard chairs for over 2 hours, they play Frisbee and give complete attitude to people. There is one lifeguard, he's older and heavy, who screams very directly at children as if they are in boot camp training. I mean a grown man yelling at an 8year old girl?? He reminds me of someone who was beat up as a young kid and now finds himself a tough guy!! I understand some kids need to be talked to sternly but there are other ways to talk to someone else's children without puffing your chest up, they are just kids. The other lifeguards are to busy trying to look good while not being told otherwise. The small pool is always a green shade compared to the big pool and also has tons of bugs in it. I WILL NOT pay to go here anymore. The state park is a lot nicer!!! Nay Aug is going downhill. 5$ a person isn't worth it.

Last edited by truthbetold2; 07-04-2014 at 01:52 PM..

Old 07-10-2014, 04:44 PM

38 posts, read 56,321 times
When I was a kid I got projectile diarrhea from swimming in that pool. Don't go.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:17 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,177,189 times
The only people that should get to swim for free at Nay Aug are Scranton taxpayers. Everyone should be required to pay unless they bring a paid property tax receipt in their name.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:48 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,176 times
It's in Scranton, need i say more? Gouldsboro State Park is nice, no pool, but nice beach area with the lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania