Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 03:32 PM

50 posts, read 139,244 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure but Elegante's might have some sort of special deal when you get take out pizza's. Our friends eat alot of pizza from there and they take something off of the box and save it. I think they said it goes towards a free pizza or something. I can't remember I just know they have a bunch of things ripped from the boxes. We normally drive to Waymart for Hotel pizza, we like that best.

A children's book store would be nice but I just can't see it going. Highlights normally opens up in Dec. to sell their books, so many kids check them out of the school or public librarys. It is a nice idea though. Something a little different and could be cute. You just don't know what will go, I wondered about the Himilayan Inst. since that seems to be so out there for some people in this area but it seems to be thriving, I've gotten alot of nice things in there, I've only been in there maybe 4 times but when I was in there I spent money every time and really like what I got.

Parking is a problem especially when you are in a hurry, you don't have time to park a mile away and walk. Other towns get rid of their meters, Honesdale ups the cost for parking. I really don't enjoy going around the block a few times looking for a parking space.

Did anyone hear there was a bomb scare in Walmart yesterday? Very scary especially with what happened in Binghampton today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 04:51 PM

102 posts, read 326,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
I never smelt it .. what side do you guys go in .. I agree about the workers and the dirty floors and stinky bathrooms

I do know that the tire center there is the WORST in the world
The smell is on both sides. As soon as you walk in...lol...

Old 04-04-2009, 01:08 PM

996 posts, read 3,282,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsMom View Post
The smell is on both sides. As soon as you walk in...lol...
I've never actually noticed any strange smell in that store either. In fact, it's much cleaner and nicer than the one in Dickson City.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:41 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,145,858 times
I was in there yesterday ,, and even stopped buy both doors .. On one side I did not smell anything foul,, On the other side all I smelt was Subway ..

Old 04-06-2009, 07:19 PM

487 posts, read 1,376,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinpa View Post
I don't go to Honesdale anymore because of the congestion in town, I agree about the parking, it really is a pain in the neck. Anything I need I can get elsewhere. I like K-mart it is not as busy as walmart the prices are about the same and they keep a lot more lines open so you don't have to wait. I can't stand walmart, it smells really bad, the workers are useless and the store is usually dirty. I don't mean to be so negative, but Honesdale used to be such a charming town. It seems like it sold out to big business.
If you think the Walmart in Honesdale is bad, you've never been to one on Long Island. The Honesdale Walmart is like shopping in Macys compared to the messy/smelly/dirty ones we have here on LI.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:15 PM

307 posts, read 769,724 times
lol I was born and raised on Long Island. The thing is once you move away from that mess it really bothers you when you see it again- or in this case smell it again! heehee
I am just really sensitive to smells. Any smell of old food or garbage just makes me gag.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:22 PM

23 posts, read 64,468 times
Hi - I am looking at a house on Dyberry Pl (via internet). Can anyone tell me about that section of town? Is it close to "downtown"? I am a single parent contemplating retirement from the military and looking for someplace to call home.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:18 AM

70 posts, read 311,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katr View Post
Hi - I am looking at a house on Dyberry Pl (via internet). Can anyone tell me about that section of town? Is it close to "downtown"? I am a single parent contemplating retirement from the military and looking for someplace to call home.

Kat,

Dyberry Place is a nice, quiet street. It's in a nice part of town with some beautiful houses.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:40 AM

130 posts, read 317,697 times
Default Honesdale/Honesdale What do we need?

Aldi's!

Old 07-23-2010, 09:16 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,011,361 times
It would be nice if Hawley could have a community pool. Wow, there's a pipe dream for ya...lol...but hey....

Years ago before it was Settler's Inn (I think even before it was the Semonski Lodge) there was a pool in the back - I always thought it looked pretty driving into town from Honesdale way....a pool would be nice in Bingham Park....(I know, I know...where would you put it, etc.) Let's just fantasize...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania