Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:33 AM

343 posts, read 604,583 times

Advertisements

Another thing that doesn't help Honesdale is the parking situation. Sometimes you have to drive around for a little bit before you find a parking spot. The town also got rid of free parking on Saturdays - not a way to draw people to shop. Maybe they figure those from NY/NJ who come in on the weekend will pay it. Honesdale is a beautiful town, don't get me wrong, but, the parking situation needs to be improved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 09:06 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,143,747 times
Ive lived outside of Honedale for just over 3 yrs now .. I love it here .. Northern Wayne County Is wonderful..

Where I live there are all farms , Ive never had a problem parking anywhere in Honesdale ..

What this town Does need is More Public Parks for the kids ... Maybe a roller rink that can change to ice in the winter .. With that, roller and Ice Hockey ..

Old 03-30-2009, 10:24 AM

102 posts, read 326,153 times
I never have a problem parking in Honesdale. I agree about a children's book store. I think something like the one Meg Ryan had in the movie You Got Mail would be a perfect fit for Main Street Honesdale. I agree about the KMart as well. Shut it down! I would much rather see a Target. I wish someone would open up an Irish Dance Studio. That would be fun!

Old 03-30-2009, 10:10 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,657,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie2008 View Post
Another thing that doesn't help Honesdale is the parking situation. Sometimes you have to drive around for a little bit before you find a parking spot. The town also got rid of free parking on Saturdays - not a way to draw people to shop. Maybe they figure those from NY/NJ who come in on the weekend will pay it. Honesdale is a beautiful town, don't get me wrong, but, the parking situation needs to be improved.
Not at all. Just do what my ex-boyfriend and I used to do. We would park on a residential side street a couple of blocks off of Main Street and then get some good exercise strolling about. Come to think of it, my belly has been begging me for some Elegante stromboli as of late!

Old 03-31-2009, 06:32 AM

343 posts, read 604,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Not at all. Just do what my ex-boyfriend and I used to do. We would park on a residential side street a couple of blocks off of Main Street and then get some good exercise strolling about. Come to think of it, my belly has been begging me for some Elegante stromboli as of late!
Hi Paul. Forest City has an Elegante too, in case you didn't know. Owned and operated by the same family. Re: the parking comment, I guess I should say it is especially tough to get a space during the weekdays, generally 9-5. I'm sure there are times when it isn't busy, but that seems to be the peak time for parking.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:21 AM

307 posts, read 769,317 times
I don't go to Honesdale anymore because of the congestion in town, I agree about the parking, it really is a pain in the neck. Anything I need I can get elsewhere. I like K-mart it is not as busy as walmart the prices are about the same and they keep a lot more lines open so you don't have to wait. I can't stand walmart, it smells really bad, the workers are useless and the store is usually dirty. I don't mean to be so negative, but Honesdale used to be such a charming town. It seems like it sold out to big business.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:37 PM

102 posts, read 326,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinpa View Post
I don't go to Honesdale anymore because of the congestion in town, I agree about the parking, it really is a pain in the neck. Anything I need I can get elsewhere. I like K-mart it is not as busy as walmart the prices are about the same and they keep a lot more lines open so you don't have to wait. I can't stand walmart, it smells really bad, the workers are useless and the store is usually dirty. I don't mean to be so negative, but Honesdale used to be such a charming town. It seems like it sold out to big business.
Yeah, I agree with you....Walmart does smell! Its that fan blowing in your face when you walk in.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:23 PM

307 posts, read 769,317 times
lol I dont know what it is but its stinky!!! heehee

Old 03-31-2009, 08:31 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,143,747 times
I never smelt it .. what side do you guys go in .. I agree about the workers and the dirty floors and stinky bathrooms

I do know that the tire center there is the WORST in the world

Old 04-03-2009, 03:01 PM

126 posts, read 327,332 times
NOW I am going to have to pay attention to Wal-Mart and it's smelliness :0). I have never noticed before.

I find K-Mart WAY higher than Wallyworld any day. The quality of the items is only a little better but I consistently find each item form 10 cents to dollars more. Just today I happened to go to both stores searching for In-Line/Rollerblade skates--which BTW, NO one carries anymore???---and I checked on a game called "Sorry Slide"---I had a coupon for 5 bucks off so I figured I'd check it out. Walmart was $15 and Kmart $25!! Of course I should've figured it would be stupid expensive with a $5 off coupon! Anyway, I find things like that all the time.

i would SO love to see a children's book store. more thinking required! Our family could benefit from a small business but not if it means it will shut down in 6 months! More investigation required!

Parking can be a pain if one forgets to feed the meter. I cannot figure WHY they would add Saturdays to that? What were they thinking. I know Hnesdale could use money---what town couldn;t but c'mon! The people that live here should not have to pay to park here! Crazy!

Elegante's does have some righteous pizza---though we use Primo more since 1-it is cheaper and 2-they give a stamp each pie you buy and every 10 gets you a free pie! With 3 near teen sons and a tenn girl man THEY have leanred how to chow down.

" Honesdale is set in it's ways and they don't accept change well and it's true. "
THAT seems to be atrue statement! I feel bad cuz the bulk of the residents are approaching their senior years and well, who is going to run the town then? We'll see!

Thanks for the interesting chat people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania