Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:05 AM

18 posts, read 80,152 times

Advertisements

I know this has been brought up several times, but I've hit a wall....

Does anyone know any places in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area that hold receptions and ceremonies on site?

I have my list of No's so far:
Inne at the Abingtons
Lackawanna Station
Nichols Village
Waterfront Banquet Facility
Via Appia
Touch of Class
Gallery at Pierce Street
Scranton Cultural Center
Kirby Center
The Woodlands
The Gramercy
Runco's

And the only 2 I'm considering:
Bischwind B&B-- We'd have to go very small for this location and there really isn't much options as far as food, things to do, etc.
Friedman Farms-- thought this was so unique but they're fully booked for 2009 so we'd have to push it off to Sept. 2010.

I really don't want to stray too far from SWB area, but I've also looked at The French Manor (if I told you the price you'd die! It's beyond crazy!), Cherry Valley Vineyards (liked it- but it's kinda far for family to travel without hotel rooms for the night), Ehrhardt's, Split Rock Resort, Woodloch, and Mountain Springs (all No's for one reason or another).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 11:27 AM

201 posts, read 538,899 times
Many reception halls allow you to hold the ceremony on sight. I know Genetti's does. You will just have to call and ask around. I guess it would depend on how big it was. I know you said that you did not want to go far from Scran/W-B but did you concider looking into Newberry Estates in Dallas. It is extremely expensive but gorgous. If I think of anything else I will get back to you. I am kind of brain dead lately.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:08 PM

Sorry, forgot to put Genetti's on my No list. I have looked briefly at Newberry Estates, I believe they have a 150 minimum. Not sure we're going that big. But maybe they're worth a 2nd look... thanks!

Keep the places coming! I feel like there has to be more than what I found??

Old 11-12-2008, 12:37 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,818,241 times
Genetti's food is pretty lousy for weddings and any type of banquet.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:50 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,661,012 times
We loved the Chateau at Camelback. Two nice rooms there.
Our very favorite was Hideaway Hills ( a golfing club) The views were to die for and the 10th hole makes for a gorgeous picture. Plus the fountains. You can hold an outside wedding, if it rains there is an area inside.
Shawnnee Inn has a nice banquet room
Look into your local golf course halls, the grounds are usually perfect for pictures......the banquet rooms gorgeous.
Water Gap Country Club also has a very nice room for a banquet.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:08 PM

910 posts, read 2,992,194 times
Does Great Wolf do weddings?
There's the place right past Minooka Subaru on the opposite side of the road thats name is completely not coming to me right now. Nice place.
The Rainetree in Newfoundland has beautiful grounds
Sterling Inn?

Sorry I know you said more out west...

Old 11-12-2008, 04:40 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,007,801 times
Settler's Inn in Hawley - it's about 35-40 mins from Scranton. Very unique and delicious food, Tudor style with a bit of Victorian mixed in...pretty grounds.

Pocono Mountains PA Bed and Breakfast Lodge, The Settlers Inn B&B in Pennsylvania

Old 11-12-2008, 04:53 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,068 times
Shadowbrook Inn and Resort in Tunkhannock, just changed hands. Same company who just bought The Inn at Nichols Village.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:52 PM

193 posts, read 542,571 times
Hey what about Skytop they wedding there are beautiful. Another the the inn at pocono manor. I know a little far from scranton but they are the only places i know of.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:05 PM

Thanks everyone! I'll look into some of those. I'd really rather stay out of the Poconos... even though I have many more options but I'd get nothing but grief about the "traveling". Sadly, to some of my relatives 20 minutes is pushing it. I'm reconsidering SCC. I made an appointment for a tour even though I'm worried it might be too big a space. We're also considering pushing it off to 2010. After calling around, I'm finding several places are fully book for the 6 weeks we're considering. I'm guessing those are the good ones...

Has anyone ever been to anything at Friedman Farms in Dallas? I'm pretty excited about this place since they have a chapel on site as well. And I think it can be done elegantly enough so it doesn't feel like a country hoe down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania