Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 03:28 PM

25 posts, read 51,468 times

Advertisements

I haven't posted on here in a few years. When I first bought my house here I loved it and now, not so much. My question is, are there any decent neighborhoods where I can buy a house for 120k or less, no mortgage and no communities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 04:09 PM

4,277 posts, read 11,780,009 times
Elkland, PA 16920, though you might not like the commute to any job.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:01 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,172,002 times
What, where is PCP? PCP to me means "primary care physician."

Old 03-01-2018, 09:31 AM

8,053 posts, read 7,419,522 times
PCP = A Pocono Country Place in Tobyhanna.

As in, "Wow, you're buying in PCP? Oh, you already closed? Never mind. I'm happy for you."

A POCONO COUNTRY PLACE

Old 03-01-2018, 12:15 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Do you have a job or any reason to stay in this area? Today $120K sounds low except for maybe a fixer-upper. I think that you will have to give a little more information if you want help.

By the way; you didn't run into sarge621 up there? He is missing in action. He supposedly loved his new home in the Poconos; but we have not heard from him in a very long time. Hope that he is OK?

Old 03-01-2018, 06:29 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,896,647 times
The closest small town that comes to mind that might have a few homes in your range is White Haven. I of course would also say because of my own experience that you can find a good area in Wilkes Barre with a very affordable house if you do your research and choose wisely. But in the proximity of PCP I'm still saying White Haven, I know people that live there and like it. I drive through there a lot as I work near there and head out to family going through there and it really is a nice little town with relatively low prices. You could also do Freeland but now you are really starting to get far from where you started.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:30 AM

25 posts, read 51,468 times
thank you for the replies. I'm a nurse and I work in Bangor. it take me about 50 minutes to one hour to travel to work. Thank you for the suggestions. I'mm definitely take a look in Whitehaven. The last time I heard from Sarge was when he sent me a message in 2016. I hope he's okay too. I never met him in person, but he seemed like a good guy here on the forums.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinnieLee33 View Post
thank you for the replies. I'm a nurse and I work in Bangor. it take me about 50 minutes to one hour to travel to work. Thank you for the suggestions. I'mm definitely take a look in Whitehaven. The last time I heard from Sarge was when he sent me a message in 2016. I hope he's okay too. I never met him in person, but he seemed like a good guy here on the forums.
Thank you; we have not heard from him for some time. He really liked his house in PCP.

If you work in Bangor have you tried all the places close to work? If you could find anything in that Bangor, Pen Argyl, Wind Gap area you would have a very easy commute and not have to put up with terrible winter driving. With what you would save in wear and tear on your automobile you might be able to afford a little more in housing?

Anyway; good luck!

Old 04-19-2018, 10:31 AM

217 posts, read 333,875 times
Sarge is alive and well. We met here on the boards and became friends. He is still in in PCP. Although thinking he would be relaxing after being retired, he has been more busy than when he worked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinnieLee33 View Post

Old 04-19-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI2PA View Post
Sarge is alive and well. We met here on the boards and became friends. He is still in in PCP. Although thinking he would be relaxing after being retired, he has been more busy than when he worked.
Thank you for the update on Sarge! Hopefully he will come back to the forum. I was pretty busy after I retired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania