Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 05:21 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times

Advertisements

Oh gigggggllllllles.........that one house yeah!!!
Well, I love your story even more. I mean, making your own home when your just that young. At least their road itself, looks quite quiet. They must see all kinds of animals back there. I saw plenty a bear in Penn Estates when I lived there.........big, big ones.
Lots of deer herds too........so beautiful. Especially in the snow........

I am betting he does love that job. It must be worth the climb ( Yikes) I'd be turning in every smokestack around. Surely, I'd be fired ( no pun intended).........
The plane, Ah.........I can not do small planes. Just once I did that and I was sick for the 3 hour ride home to NJ and I can still feel dizzy thinking about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Ise

60 posts, read 159,080 times
The trees are very beautiful! The leaves (leafs?) have many colors!
The galeano's seems great! wood-like construction! The view is nice! And... they have PIZZAS!
The Barley does looks very charming! I was just wondering, are people under 21 allowed in there? becouse when you're under 21 you can't drink alcohol in USA, right?
The Chateau is so imponent! So big! And the lake is very nice too!
Wow! I thought cameback lifts were smaller, just like in argentina! They are huge! Thanks for showing me what I'll be working with in the winter!

But... what caught my attention the most... it's really the VIEW! It's owesome! It's wonderful! Only by the picture I already feel I'm in the top of the world! Just like you told me!

Why is it closed in the winter??? I want to go there and see it myself! I want to sit on that bench reserved for me! lol

Mom, thank you very much!!! I'm thinking about a gift since the third time you answered me... but I can't find anything as special as you...

Old 11-09-2007, 10:49 PM

179 posts, read 858,444 times
We were there this summer. Camel Beach is fun.

Last edited by mom22bless; 11-09-2007 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: s

Old 11-10-2007, 05:47 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,805,176 times
We camp in scotru every year for the season and go to the waterpark oh about 8 times during the season.

One trip we always have to make is to go up on the skilift. My kids just love the scenery there. We point out as much as we can ; the roof from Great Wolf looks so impressive from there.

Thanks fo the memories ; its only been 3 weeks since our last trip and i want to go back. I have to wait until april.

See, i need a winter place there also.
d

Old 11-10-2007, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ise View Post
The trees are very beautiful! The leaves (leafs?) have many colors!
The galeano's seems great! wood-like construction! The view is nice! And... they have PIZZAS!
The Barley does looks very charming! I was just wondering, are people under 21 allowed in there? becouse when you're under 21 you can't drink alcohol in USA, right?
The Chateau is so imponent! So big! And the lake is very nice too!
Wow! I thought cameback lifts were smaller, just like in argentina! They are huge! Thanks for showing me what I'll be working with in the winter!

But... what caught my attention the most... it's really the VIEW! It's owesome! It's wonderful! Only by the picture I already feel I'm in the top of the world! Just like you told me!

Why is it closed in the winter??? I want to go there and see it myself! I want to sit on that bench reserved for me! lol

Mom, thank you very much!!! I'm thinking about a gift since the third time you answered me... but I can't find anything as special as you...
Please no gifts........Summering Mom only wants to have you enjoy your stay and know where a few things are.
There is a general store just around the area of the Pizza place.........
Alas, Mr Summering was driving toooooo fast for the picture to take.
HEY THE NEW YORK TREE IS UP........ITS NOT LIT YET. IT HAS A CUTE STORY TO GO ALONG WITH IT. ITS A BEAUTY!!!

Old 11-10-2007, 06:31 AM

Default Favorite picture

Here is one of my favorite pictures........The Chateau at Camelback
For weddings they have a waterfall area with a bridge, and nice decking for
the guests to be outside. I don't know how I misssed this one, but the photo area was causing trouble........that is solved now.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:45 AM

Speaking of pictures I thought I'd move this up a bit so everyone can see Camelback before the winter came.
The one lift is the one on the top,top, top, of the mountain............
Some of the places shown are where the Brazil girls are everyday........
The lodge area, the ski area............I enjoyed looking again myself !!

Old 12-20-2007, 11:29 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,939,329 times
I found a few to add to your thread Summering! Camelback night skiing photos from last year.

Attached Thumbnails
Camelback Pictures to the Top,Top Top!-camelback-night-1.jpg   Camelback Pictures to the Top,Top Top!-camelback-night-2.jpg   Camelback Pictures to the Top,Top Top!-camelback-main-lodge-night.jpg  

Old 12-20-2007, 03:39 PM

Wow, I hope Brazil MOM sees them.........so beautiful...
Why am I such a morning person, I miss all this beauty.
I have to go one night, I just HAVE too..........thanks, these are great.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:09 PM

26 posts, read 93,389 times
Thanks for the memories.

I must say, those condos are looking old and tired...(like me!)

I amuse myself by logging onto Trip Advisor website and reading honest reviews of the various Pocono hotels, resorts, and honeymoon spots. Truly enlightening and entertaining! The Chateau was not rated too highly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania