Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2008, 07:57 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times

Advertisements

Plans are being submitted at the township level for a 410 plus room ,Ski-In, Ski-Out hotel at the Camelback location.
There will be a 100,000 sq foot indoor waterpark. Possibly the only type of place, of this nature, in the Nation.
In 2009 they will introduce a World Class adventure park featuring zip lines from the top of the mountain and a new mountain roller coaster. This coaster will come down the mountain in separate carts on separate rails.
An interactive park .........all in the next two years. As reported by the Pocono Record.
No longer the "Honeymoon capitol of the World" the Poconos will soon become a family adventure vacation place. With Skiing, Water Parks, for all seasons........a place for Dad to gamble,( not too much please) and Mom to shop.
I think we will have a more rounded, enjoyable spot for many to visit.
Plus, our mountains, rivers, lakes and state parks will always be a joy for vacationers and locals to travel to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 08:01 AM

By the way everyone..........
The Brazil girls ,who worked at Camelback this past winter, still write to me often and tell me how they enjoyed the Poconos very much.
They are missing the area actually. I have invited them to visit again.......hopefully getting a chance to experience Spring and Summer here.
It is always so nice to hear from them. Just a wonderful group of kids...........

Old 05-29-2008, 08:15 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,095,115 times
They need to expand the waterpark for sure. That will help to offset the loss of revenue with the short and not so great winters that we have been seeing. Good for them.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:51 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,799,829 times
I always found Camelback so clean and wonderful for the kids. We did the annual pass for two years and it was a great deal, just a great day of fun for them.

d

Old 05-29-2008, 10:16 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,111,814 times
great post, summering! Wow! That is great for tourism, and us locals! I like Camelbeach, especially now that my kids are big enough to not need their hands held. I can enjoy the place, too.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:24 PM

414 posts, read 1,779,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Plus, our mountains, rivers, lakes and state parks will always be a joy for vacationers and locals to travel to.

...or, what's left of them..........

Old 05-30-2008, 01:49 PM

567 posts, read 1,305,683 times
Default views

Just moved here in february.. but the views of the mountains in wilkesbarre in the summer are spectacular.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:49 PM

I love those views too..........I tell everyone when they are in Wilkes Barre to look around them......It is awesome. I stand and just twirl around sometimes.......I want to take in the hugs of those mountains.
Actually up by Wegmans in Dickson City, there is a great view of Scranton below.
It can take your breath away.
As far as in the Camelback area.........If you drive way, way, up to the top. There is a State Park. You can look out over the mountains for miles. My Dad was the first one to take me and show me these views........just another awesome spot.
Take a picnic with you there are tables........beautiful!
( up above the ski slopes, just keep going until you MUST stop........ )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania