Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:09 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times

Advertisements

On the way down 611 to the Newest Shops in Bartonsville

Traveling North you get to Target and TJMax plus others........

Whew, Tannersville here we come!!!

Mr Z's..........I finally know where it is now!!! Look for the Blue Pony

The Outlets.........What fun!!

Oh My was that the Pony going by........Sure Was!!

I think the sign ahead says.........Camelback this way....so we'll catch another thread of just that!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 03:31 PM

This group of stores is to the left as you go into Target area........to the right is TJ Max a wonderful, fun store. Hummmm......where did my picture go of that
I knew you'd want to see where and what Mr Z's looked like, this is not all that far from the outlets.......going south

This pharmacy is by Mr Z's....( it changed location to right on 611)

Just a few I missed before.........

Old 11-07-2007, 03:46 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Thanks, Summering, for posting these photos to show people moving to Monroe County some of the shopping options at their disposal. As a recent employee of the Lowe's in Wilkes-Barre, I can tell you that a large chunk of our customers hailed from the Poconos, so it is nice to see that they'll no longer have to make the long commute to Wilkes-Barre to shop. While I'm no fan of urban sprawl, these amenities were long overdue in the Bartonsville/Stroudsburg area, as the influx into Monroe County was causing a strain on the stores in Wilkes-Barre. I can only imagine how awful the traffic congestion will become on Route 611 now though in the upcoming years as the growth continues.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:20 PM

Thanks SWB......... I know I was one of those people going to either Lowes in Dickson City, or Lowes in Wilkes Barre, for a certain outdoor rug pattern.........LOL
I know it causes traffic........
But, the stores are so needed. A BORDERS books.......I have had to go to Whitehall for a Barnes and Noble and recently to Easton. Thats wonderful.
I can't even imagine a BEST Buys.........Whoooo Weeeee. That was a Whitehall or New Jersey trip. For Kohls I went to Easton. For Pier One to Whitehall or Dickson City.
So.........as you can tell, I am thrilled.
I like some sprawl I guess, as long as its not in my backyard........as the saying goes.
With all the people moving this way, we needed closer shopping needs met.
Yes, the quiet 611..........will no longer be the slow, sleepy route. The little route that the wagons and horses road on up to the hotel in Tannersville.
No more wagons to be had........get the Hummers out. Or for you SWB, that Mini Cooper that will fit fine...............( that car with the convertible is so cute)
It will have to be widened.......thats progress I guess.
I love it...... Yes, and very long overdue.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:41 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Do you mean THIS car, Summering?

She WILL be mine someday!

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 11-07-2007 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 11-07-2007, 09:22 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,938,833 times
Here are some photos of the lesser-traveled part of the Tannersville area, the cranberry bog, captured last fall by my husband: Anthony Skorochod's CyclingCaptured Photo Gallery - powered by SmugMug

Here's more information about it:
The Nature Conservancy in Pennsylvania - Stuart M. Stein Memorial Preserve

Old 11-08-2007, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_s View Post
Here are some photos of the lesser-traveled part of the Tannersville area, the cranberry bog, captured last fall by my husband: Anthony Skorochod's CyclingCaptured Photo Gallery - powered by SmugMug

Wonderful.....................and Karen_s.......be sure to see the Top, Top of Camelback. ( thread) The shots from the summit ...( did I say summit like I'm a mountain climber?) are to die for. Those shots are at the end..........
I can't help it. The view there has always been a soft spot for our family.
My Dad was the first one to take me there, and I just get awestruck.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Do you mean THIS car, Summering?

She WILL be mine someday!
Yes, everytime I see one.........your name comes up.........as
There goes Scranton Wilkes Barres Car!!

Old 11-08-2007, 07:27 AM

996 posts, read 3,279,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_s View Post

Funny you should mention the cranberry bog. One of the classes at our elementary school went there on a field trip last spring. I never had heard of it before that. That's definitely a field trip I'm going to volunteer for!

Old 11-08-2007, 02:29 PM

I use to live close to there.
What a history for that area. " The Southern Most glacial Bog in the World".
See that, and we thought we were just a small, uneventful area...........
The ice left that area 10 to 15 thousand years ago, leaving us 775 acres of bog, moss, plants...... and all kinds of interesting nature.
Myself, a bit fearful of the possible snakes, bears, bobcats and porcupines............the snow hare are about my rate.
So maybe, maybe, with a big, big group...........but..........not going in a party of two.
No Way!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania