Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2011, 06:42 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,109,018 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been to the Home and Garden Show? It's coming up next weekend and I'm interested in going.

I'm into gardening but I'm afraid it's just a bunch of siding and deck salesmen. Is it worth my time?

NEPA Home and Garden Show (http://www.showtechnology.com/shows/Wilkes_Barre/wilkesbarre.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 08:10 AM

177 posts, read 467,920 times
The last time I went was 16 years ago, so I may not be the most reliable source...however, from what I remember there were hardly any "garden" booths...just like HGTV...they should take the "G" out.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:21 AM

372 posts, read 1,230,415 times
My husband and I went last year. I too, was disappointed in the "garden" part of the show there. A few landscapers, but more remodeling, a few "As seen on TV", spas/hot tubs, home builders and heating/AC. Definitely more "Home" than "Garden." I will go back, only because there was a GREAT booth selling dog bones - my Remus LOVED them! - and I do want to see the landscaper exhibits to get ideas for our outdoor renovation this spring.
Maybe there's a list of vendors online? That might help you decide if it's worth the trip.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyde View Post
My husband and I went last year. I too, was disappointed in the "garden" part of the show there. A few landscapers, but more remodeling, a few "As seen on TV", spas/hot tubs, home builders and heating/AC. Definitely more "Home" than "Garden." I will go back, only because there was a GREAT booth selling dog bones - my Remus LOVED them! - and I do want to see the landscaper exhibits to get ideas for our outdoor renovation this spring.
Maybe there's a list of vendors online? That might help you decide if it's worth the trip.
Bummer That's kind of what I expected though. I have the link to it but I didn't really look over it too carefully.

We do need new kitchen flooring though Maybe it will be worth the trip.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:23 PM

30 posts, read 78,865 times
I was there last year. Seems overpriced for a lot of "national" dealers. If you want a good "garden" show, there is a flower and garden show at the Allentown Fairgrounds in March...Always a good one and it gives you hope that spring will soon be here because you walk in the building with trees and water ponds all around.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendem39 View Post
I was there last year. Seems overpriced for a lot of "national" dealers. If you want a good "garden" show, there is a flower and garden show at the Allentown Fairgrounds in March...Always a good one and it gives you hope that spring will soon be here because you walk in the building with trees and water ponds all around.
Ooh that's actually closer for me too! Thanks for the tip... I'll be watching the Morning Call Go Guide for that one

Old 01-23-2011, 04:46 AM

177 posts, read 467,920 times
Yes, that sounds like just what the Dr. ordered at the end of a long winter, and I'm sure I'll get some new ideas. I looked it up, but I can't find a specific website for them, but I did find this one that gives this year's particulars for anyone who is interested. Lehigh Valley Flower and Garden Show at Allentown Fairgrounds in Allentown, PA on Saturday, March 12, 2011 - EventCrazy.com - America's Event And Attraction Search Engine

Old 01-23-2011, 05:17 PM

30 posts, read 78,865 times
There is basic information at the Allentown Fair website...check under the trade show listing or the link to, I believe it's called, the Agriplex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania