Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 01:48 PM

9 posts, read 52,490 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if its possible to get in on some work in the oil fields out there somewhere? I mean since crude tanked. I read that it takes 60 dollars a barrel to get it out of the ground. I was thinking of coming out there, I can either work in the oil fields or go back to my trade as a home builder. Sounds like with the home shortage there its possible to have a few options anyway. thanks for reading my post and I appreciate your response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 05:31 PM

979 posts, read 3,671,930 times
I would read some of the other posts about Oilfield work and jobs available in the oil patch. Basically the same info is being rehashed over and over. Yes, there are jobs in the oil field and in construction all over western North Dakota...your best bets are Williston, Dickinson, Minot, Tioga, Stanley areas. Check jobs service ND for listings of available jobs at Job Service North Dakota
another good link is www.willistonnd.com this link has several links within it and takes you to info about Williston and oilfield jobs in the area. Good Luck

Last edited by Roloff1976; 12-21-2008 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: web address correction

Old 12-21-2008, 06:27 PM

9 posts, read 52,490 times
Ok thanks allot for answering my post and I think I have actually made my mind up and I posted it in another post so thanks again

Old 12-21-2008, 09:48 PM

122 posts, read 573,768 times
Are you kidding?

It has been below zero for a couple weeks. There is no construction. What little work available, is handled by locals that are established locally.

Oil futures do not look good.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:47 PM

3 posts, read 30,104 times
sooner or later the oil industry will pick back up. you have to think positive. I know it is looking like later but still think positive. guys if you have a woman that is still standing by you after several months of you not having a job and is still trying to manage things you need to thank her and tell her you love her. Coming from my point of view its not easy for us either.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:59 AM

309 posts, read 992,466 times
Oil is rolling right along - it didn't stop because the price dropped. It doesn't work that way. IF you want a job you have to prove yourself. Start out in the office and work your way up the ladder to that rig job.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:24 PM

I'm not sure the oil jobs have taken that big of a hit have they? Maybe for drillers, but I was looking at the Williston Classifieds and jobsnd.gov and there are all kinds of oil related jobs available... examples that were posted are Peak USA, CaseHoleSolutions, Farncis Drilling, AIS, Lonetree Energy, Mau Wiedmer Rigs, WEIR SPM, ABS, Sunwell, Halliburton, Leonardite Products, plus tons of Tuck Driving jobs for hauling oil field equipment and moving rigs, etc... I know things had slowed down from the previous summer, but things are still very busy. Williams county unemployment is still at 2.3% and the workforce continues to grow...which indicates people are still moving in and finding work...otherwise the workforce would have decreased and unemployment numbers would be higher. Guess it depends on what part of the oil industry a person is looking to work in.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:33 AM

3 posts, read 30,104 times
To Roloff1976 in response to your reply. YES the oil jobs have taken that big of a hit. My husband is a driller and hasnt worked in 6 months.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:57 PM

So if it has taken a big hit, why is Nabors advertising for drillers, and the Herald has 3 pages advertising for truckers, drillers, wharehouse workers for various new oil service companies? I am right now looking at todays paper...Nabors drilling is looking for experienced drillers and rig hands, Peak USA looking for riggers and drivers, Wanzec crane for crane operators, Case Hole solutions (new company opening) looking for all kinds of workers for their new Williston location. When you go to job service, Sanjel, Halliburton, Red River Supply, Schlumberger,... I guess I don't understand why they are advertising for Help, but some are saying their are no jobs. I was up in Williston 2 weeks ago, and saw Weatherford had a huge sign across one of their 3 Williston offices (the one coming in from the west) ....NOW HIRING. Rig counts on discover.nd.gov in the oil section lists 58 rigs (where there were only 37 over the summer)...Williams county (Williston) lists 9 rigs today, vs. 2 this past summer. There is drilling going on, but not sure why your husband isn't working...maybe depends on the drilling company??? But all I can say, is that town was very busy compared to just a couple years ago. But I don't live there, so am not arguing with you. Hope your husband gets work soon though.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:02 PM

477 posts, read 1,507,525 times
I wonder if you of those that are thinking of how wonderful the oilfield is up around here in ND know that they have cut pay by quite a bit back a couple of months ago. That is not so wonderful either, a six or nine dollar pay cut for those working on the rigs is pretty crappy in my opinion. Although they do say it is supposed to pickup again majorly in a couple of months, they have been saying that for the last year and half.

LOL, and well yeah, after they cut the pay of some hard working guys, they left and most of those company's you listed Roloff1976 are having a hard time getting them back. So take it as you well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota