Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 04:00 PM

98 posts, read 341,826 times

Advertisements

Been lurking here for a while like to thank all of you who are in ND or in the know. Im trying to get on as a roustabout (no oil experience) its not easy talked to precision dont think they were impressed but my gym management/personal trainer and ups package handler so Im getting my cdl with all the endorsements I can (just passed my cdl permit and endorsement tests today and did the haz fingerprint. 1) first question should I wait or keep trying to get on? 2nd question) i want to give back and help north dakota when i get up there, i dont just want to take if you have any ideas how i can do this please post im thinking big brother, homeless shelter volunteer, even picking up trash on my off time? I will be giving back is all i know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 04:06 PM

Odds of me getting on a rig with no experience in so cal are next to none. Nabors carson,ca hired guys fresh out of prison 2005ish they just needed bodys i called yesterday hr lady laughed when i asked are they hiring. My brother is the hiring coordinator they are frozen as far as green hands.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:47 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,261,338 times
I would encourage you to look at all the job threads on this N.D. forum. You'll find several w/ lists of company names. There have been a few guys on here that did what you are doing, and applied repeatedly, some got calls to come in person. It may take some time to get on, I have also heard that after a few mths, then they hire more newbies, because the have a quotient to maintain ratio of experienced hands/inexperienced. Don't give up, keep applying and checking w/ several folks on here. I have thread re; to forum folks updates, there were a few w/ good advice, check that one. Good luck, you sound like a nice guy, and we love nice in N.D. Don't be afraid to ask questions of folks, most on here are glad to help and advise. I hope you have great job offers w/ housing soon

Old 02-17-2012, 04:52 PM

Check out this thread, some good videos from an ex-oil field worker, good tips, etc.

Video's re: Oil Field jobs: Update from Ex-Oil Field Worker, #1-8, and multiple oil related videos...Good

Old 02-17-2012, 06:15 PM

625 posts, read 1,885,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headed2northdakota View Post
............2nd question) i want to give back and help north dakota when i get up there, i dont just want to take if you have any ideas how i can do this please post im thinking big brother, homeless shelter volunteer, even picking up trash on my off time? I will be giving back is all i know.
Another person who is coming up plans to join the volunteer fire dept. If you have any background or interest in EMT training, the volunteer ambulance crews are crying for help as well.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:40 PM

Thank You for the response Jan when I posted posters ”In the know” I was thinking about you. Yep i've checked out poetskinnys youtube videos some good info, I checked out his blog as well. I know its going to be tough but im not going to give up. Im on ndjobs,the shopper, craigslist etc. Wish I had contacts up that way but I'll do my best to make some when I get up that way.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-Oaks View Post
Another person who is coming up plans to join the volunteer fire dept. If you have any background or interest in EMT training, the volunteer ambulance crews are crying for help as well.
I will look into it for sure, when I get up that way. Im serious about doing my part on my off time. I think this is a great idea if they can use me.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:04 PM

73 posts, read 94,935 times
Good to see another face here that has the same idea i do. Granted once i start working heavy hours all the best laid plans and all that lol. But until i get on a rig i figure any help is useful. I'm still waiting for april to move up as i got a commitment here but when i do I'll keep an eye out for ya

Old 02-18-2012, 07:21 PM

Headed2ND Well, thanks. Lots more people in the know than me on this forum, Roloff, Klychlo, Elkhunter, Ursa....many more. I mostly research, some of them have first hand on the job experience, oh, also rickydink63. Look for their posts. Hope you find some great job leads, and I know you will be an asset to any N.D. community!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota