Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 10:25 AM

21 posts, read 41,679 times

Advertisements

do you recommend certain winter gear? We defiantly plan on buying before going up there.. the winter gear here in Texas is plentyful! Yes there is tons of warmers and tons of new scents! The reason I sell it is because I was buying sooo much of it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 07:13 PM

Thanks for the info on the winter weather wear! Yes we are very blessed to have a home to go to up there, unlike most.. so sad. We are in Texas but will be up there before Christmas. We lived in Houston and there was crime, my aunt and uncle were robbed at gunpoint after dinner one night, and we lived there when Katrina hit LA and we got alot of people that flooded Houston which made the crime rate go even way up... there is crime everywhere and we can't live in fear because of that... but its good to know that we will need to be more aware of that! Houston and being from the DFW area has its awful traffic and accidents.. good thing we will be indoors for the majority of the time. again thanks for the winter clothing tips!

Old 11-15-2011, 07:15 PM

So there is fashion up there?! lol I didn't think uggs would be good esp for the snow and ice?? I don't have a pair but would consider if they were worth it.. I was looking for a more "snow" boot? Alot of people told me not to worry about fashion up there but I don't want to be slumming it either... main thing is WARMTH!

Old 11-15-2011, 07:52 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,253,362 times
you are very welcome. safe travels

Old 11-15-2011, 07:56 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,015,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbmurphy View Post
So there is fashion up there?! lol I didn't think uggs would be good esp for the snow and ice?? I don't have a pair but would consider if they were worth it.. I was looking for a more "snow" boot? Alot of people told me not to worry about fashion up there but I don't want to be slumming it either... main thing is WARMTH!
I live along the Minnesota-North Dakota border area and uggs are quite popular in the winter (at least from what I see), much more so than just a typical snow boot. But again these uggs are worn to go shopping, to/from work, etc not for long time in the snow.

Dan

Old 11-16-2011, 09:25 PM

20 posts, read 56,631 times
My husband is also goin to work in the Minot ND area, I'll be staying behind until we find housing for us. I'll also be a stay at home mom FOR A LITTLE WHILE, we have 3 year old, but as Lisan said........you get so bored, you can stay at home for only so long.

I hope to meet and talk with some of you girls soon, best of luck to all of you. I'm going join the "oil workers wives FB page." Look for me ladies

Jenn

Old 11-17-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastwin24 View Post
My husband is also goin to work in the Minot ND area, I'll be staying behind until we find housing for us. I'll also be a stay at home mom FOR A LITTLE WHILE, we have 3 year old, but as Lisan said........you get so bored, you can stay at home for only so long.

I hope to meet and talk with some of you girls soon, best of luck to all of you. I'm going join the "oil workers wives FB page." Look for me ladies

Jenn
I love to scrapbooking and would love to get a group together to do that. So im hoping between me playing with my little one, working out, scrapping, cleaning, cooking I wont get bored!

Old 11-17-2011, 09:28 AM

419 posts, read 1,398,242 times
Another idea--check out the local public library for preschool storytimes. I know that Minot P. L. Ha always been strong in childrens services, not as familiar with the local williston community library.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:04 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,364,490 times
I know in the summer the Williston Public Library does have some storytime/reading programs. The Raymond Center also has Tyke Time on Tuesdays and Fridays from 10-11:30AM, it's a $1 per child to go.

I haven't scrapbooked in forever, I'd love to start doing it again but until we get out of our apartment there is just no room to do it.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:21 AM

Thanks for the library ideas!! That will be great... My sons attention span for reading right now is at a 0 with him being only 14mo old.. but its worth a shot!

lisan23.. scrapbooking requires tons of space it seems like! I have my own scrapbook room in Texas so that will defiantly be something I will miss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota