Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,890 times

Advertisements

I am a recent college grad from Georgia, considering a job in bismarck and just wanted some information on the city. Im 22 and wanted to know what it is like for someone my age up there, whats fun to do. I have also lived in GA for my entire life and really havent expericed COLD weather, any adivce on how to deal. I do believe that I could get used to it so im not all that worried about it. What are the summers like? and I like doing things out doors what good? and are their any sports teams in the area?

From what I read so far I do think i would really enjoy it up there and it would be a nice change from what I seen my entire life and I am very exicted about the possibillity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 08:22 PM

394 posts, read 1,170,882 times
Pack hip waders.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:21 AM

86 posts, read 109,953 times
it's cold in ND but I think Fargo is colder....locals please correct me if mistaken.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:27 AM

394 posts, read 1,170,882 times
Fargo is generally colder than Bismarck.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:51 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,017,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbay View Post
Fargo is generally colder than Bismarck.
Yes....very often the case both winter and summer. Grand Forks is colder than both. That is why we call Bismarck and Dickinson as the banana belt of ND at the NWS office...often marvel at how warm they can get whereas the red river valley sits at 5 to 10 degrees they can get above freezing with a west flow bringing in modified chinook air.

Off topic...but it is fair to say most folks out here wish the Bis-Man area well during their flood battle. We understand the stress and I know both GF and Fargo have sent supplies and some manpower.

--Dan

Old 06-02-2011, 02:23 PM

438 posts, read 1,116,406 times
Really, I don't think the OP, coming from Georgia, will notice any difference between winter temps in Bismarck and winter temps in Fargo. I grew up in ND but lived my entire adult life in California. Last winter's Bismarck temps felt bitterly, unbearably cold to me. Of course, the OP is 22 and I'm a few years older than that. ;-)

I too wish the Bismarck-Mandan people well in their flood fight. They've done a good job so far of building levees and filling sandbags.

I was lucky to sell my place and get out of Bismarck between the last blizzard and the flood preparations. If I had waited a week to move I wouldn't have been able to hire movers as by then they were all busy hauling furniture out of places that will be flooded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota