Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 04:31 PM

3 posts, read 8,504 times

Advertisements

My husband is in the military and I will be moving to raeford NC from Hawaii in about 6 months with him. We recently purchased a house around the rockfish area...I think its around southern church parker road near spring valley drive.

I just want to find out about the area and how is it in terms of crime? I seen the neighbourhood we are living in and it is surrounded by a lot of nice new homes but its quiet....

any info will help, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 11:08 PM

sorry its south parker church road...

anyone?

Old 11-21-2009, 03:17 PM

60 posts, read 160,055 times
Raeford ... from Hawaii ... I'm so sorry.

Just kidding. Raeford definitely isn't as cool as Hawaii, but it's not that bad, contrary to popular belief. I've only been to Raeford once or twice ... but I used to live in Fayetteville (a large city, about 30 mins east of Raeford). I cannot tell you much about Raeford. I know that the population of Hoke County is exploding (one of the fastest growing counties in NC, if I recall correctly). The downtown area of Raeford seemed nice and well maintained, from what I can remember. I highly suggest looking at Google Street View on Google Maps (maps.google.com)---a great tool. You can take a virtual stroll through Raeford using Street View.

Raeford isn't incredible. But there are some nice areas not-too-far-away from Raeford.

Pinehurst is a beautiful community about 30 minutes north of Raeford. Many fantastic golf courses---if you enjoy golf---in fact, the U.S. Open was held there in 2005. You should definitely check it out.

Fayetteville is a city of about 200,000 people---not too far from Raeford. Lots of places to shop, and lots of restaurants.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:53 PM

Thank you =)

Why is the Hoke county one of the fastest growing county in NC? And why are the building a lot of new subdivision?

Old 11-22-2009, 02:52 PM

999 posts, read 4,653,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokbabe View Post
Thank you =)

Why is the Hoke county one of the fastest growing county in NC? And why are the building a lot of new subdivision?
Military.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:13 PM

59 posts, read 236,618 times
We live on the edge of Hoke county. I only go to Raeford when I absolutely have to and that is to pay bills.
I have one child going to public school and I have been less than pleased in the 3 weeks she has attended.
They are building a Walmart just outside Raeford! No real shopping though. The Turkey plant is good for meat.
Just not much to Raeford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina