Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:45 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,911,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by havin fun View Post
S

Sydney,
Since you've read my post to LI Sal, let me add that once you are out of the Aberdeen, Southern Pines, Pinehurst, areas, Moore County is considered Rural. Farms abound. Look at Moore County for it's schools and low property taxes. More rural in Hoke, Scotland and Montgomery Counties. We're your 2.5 hours from the beach place.

Because of Pinehurst, Moore County gets a reputation as being expensive and "resorty". My wife and I are definitely not "resorty" people - read Country Club- but we do occasionally prefer "fine dining" to Micky D's. We prefer Starbucks once in a while, as compared to Quicky-Mart Cappuchino. We prefer Italian restaurants, as opposed to Pizza Hut. Here, we do have those options. In lots of NC, and I've seen lots of NC, those options are just not available.

If you are interested, and I can be of any assistance, please let me know.
jjc
HF, you read my mind! Moore County popped into my mind right away with what you were asking for. Very nice area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 07:08 AM

77 posts, read 272,290 times
havin fun,

Thanks, I checked out the Edwards Real Estate site and saw a large number of possibilities in Cameron, West End and Carthage at a reasonable price. 10-15 acres lots for under $150,000, most under $100,000. It's amazing the difference. We have 3 acres lots a few miles from our house that are selling for $350,000 and up! Now I need to look at the school ratings.

I see there is are 2 Rt 1's that run through that area. The original and the new one. A few of the properties I came across are within a mile or two of the older Rt 1. Do you think that would be a problem with road noise etc? How is this a very busy highway?

Old 04-26-2007, 11:21 AM

123 posts, read 512,019 times
Sydney,
Old Rte 1 (from Sanford to Vass) has 1 stoplight on it, and that is in Vass. The "new 1" has no stop signs from Sanford to Southern Pines and is a "4 lane". Noise? Nah! It's not all that busy compared to what you're thinking of in Jersey. It's not 95, Jersey Turnpikeish, 287, etc. Noise, fumes, etc. should not be a problem at all! And that, I can pretty much gaurantee. After 9PM, maybe 1 car/truck in five minutes.
PS: tell the kids to bring their telescope. You can actually see the stars and meteor showers are beautiful to see!
John

Old 04-26-2007, 12:17 PM

77 posts, read 272,290 times
havin fun,

I wasn't sure, in NJ, most roads known by route #'s tend to be large and busy. Thanks, I think the Cameron area will be the first place we check out when we come down. Maybe I can talk the hubby into coming down next month instead of waiting until June. I'm ready to go tomorrow, but he wants to finish the house so we get top dollar when we sell.... I suppose that makes sense, but I'm ready to escape now!

We see the stars here.... we are in Warren County, in northwest New Jersey... considered "hicksville" to most of the rest of the state.

Thanks again! It's so great having a someone local to bounce questions off of!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina