Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 05:04 AM

191 posts, read 218,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345sd View Post
Anyone that is on WIA program does not have to do a job search record. I went down ther yesterday and I was told that it wasn't needed. FYI.....
Are you inschool this summer? I have been in the WIA since jan10 but not this summe. At first they didn't have the funds then at the last minute they said they had them, oh well. But I will go back this fall (IF no job has panned out by then). Already talked to my case manager and am good to go for the fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 07:41 AM

6 posts, read 24,960 times
Hello all. I have lurked on this board for a very long time, and you guys have been very helpful to me in the past. So now I come to you with a question...

I've been getting unemployment since August of 2010, and my benefit year is soon coming to an end. When I filed my weekly certification last night, I was informed I had less than two weeks of benefits left, and that my benefit year was coming to an end in August. That would put me running out near the start of July.

Question 1 - Will I roll over into Tier 1 (or... something?) when the two weeks are up (which will be before the benefit year ends)? I'm currently on EUC, which I rolled into painlessly earlier this year when my regular benefits expired.

2 - I've heard people talking about filing for a new benefit year, or a new claim, once the first benefit year is up. Is that the "Apply for Unemployment Benefits" link on the NCESC website? Or... if this is off base, what do I need to do?

I suppose I'm just a little antsy since I don't know how the process works.

Thanks in advance. You guys are all awesome.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:44 PM

5 posts, read 5,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
Are you inschool this summer? I have been in the WIA since jan10 but not this summe. At first they didn't have the funds then at the last minute they said they had them, oh well. But I will go back this fall (IF no job has panned out by then). Already talked to my case manager and am good to go for the fall.
Yes Simpleman73, I am in Summer School? This is my last semester,I will be graduating July 29 and will have my associates in Medical Office Adminitration. I have been in the WIA program since 2009 since becoming unemployed. Good luck to you...

Old 06-26-2011, 06:53 PM

162 posts, read 193,612 times
I went into unemployment with my work search records, all neatly typed, emails printed out of the online jobs I've applied for. Name was called, guy took my letter came back and said you did it online. I looked at him and said yes I do it online and the supplemental questions but I got a letter to come in. He said you're done. Get some sheets from that lady. I went to her and said I got a letter to come in. She said you didn't have to, but it's good you did. Just make sure you come in the next time. What a waste. I waited 30 minutes for that.

On another note, I am going through steps for a job, don't want to jinx it, but took my physical assessment and drug test Wednesday. More steps to come. We'll see.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:55 PM

33 posts, read 48,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
I went into unemployment with my work search records, all neatly typed, emails printed out of the online jobs I've applied for. Name was called, guy took my letter came back and said you did it online. I looked at him and said yes I do it online and the supplemental questions but I got a letter to come in. He said you're done. Get some sheets from that lady. I went to her and said I got a letter to come in. She said you didn't have to, but it's good you did. Just make sure you come in the next time. What a waste. I waited 30 minutes for that.

On another note, I am going through steps for a job, don't want to jinx it, but took my physical assessment and drug test Wednesday. More steps to come. We'll see.

I have an appt coming up so I hope I am that lucky to walk in and out! Anybody else... what can I expect?

Old 06-28-2011, 04:04 PM

9 posts, read 12,633 times
I had an appt yesterday and it was easy... it was my first one and they just looked at my last 4 weeks of records, made a copy, and I was done. I was in and out in less then 5 minutes after they called me back.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:46 PM

44 posts, read 63,831 times
I'm also wondering what to expect...

I assume they want my work search records that coincide with the start of EB since this is a review for EB. There was a week between the last week of Tier 4 & the first week of EB during which I may have contacted only one employer. It's getting more difficult to find leads I haven't already contacted & since I was under no unemployment program for that one week, I put off contacting anyone.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:00 AM

264 posts, read 364,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaelp View Post

I assume they want my work search records that coincide with the start of EB since this is a review for EB. There was a week between the last week of Tier 4 & the first week of EB during which I may have contacted only one employer. It's getting more difficult to find leads I haven't already contacted & since I was under no unemployment program for that one week, I put off contacting anyone.
We are required to contact at least 2 employers every week we are collecting unemployment benefits. This applies whether we are on original state benefits, EUC or EB. If you collected no benefits for that week, you're in the clear. Otherwise, it could be a problem . . .

Old 06-29-2011, 11:05 AM

9 posts, read 12,633 times
Default Hard to find leads too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaelp View Post

I'm also having a hard time finding any new leads that I haven't already contacted. I live in a small town and there just isn't a lot out there. I've been unemployed since Oct 09 so I've pretty much gone through the businesses around here. For one of the last jobs I applied for, they told me had 900 people apply! When I had my meeting Monday they only asked to see the last 4 weeks of job search records. But I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone or not.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:22 PM

33 posts, read 48,502 times
Yeah during those few weeks where we didnt get a check for EB, I didnt really keep up with my job search. I really didnt think we would ever see the money and then we got backpay so I dont know how that is going to work when I go in for the review...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina