Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 11:36 AM

57 posts, read 70,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
Like they put a label on the unemployed? The reason he went oh the defensive is because he knows they contradict everything they supposedly stand for when it comes to morals.
True but you must be blameless in your arguements. He may well be a bigott but you can not appeal to him for change if you continue to put him on the defensive and label him. No one likes to receive negative criticism about themselves even if it is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 11:37 AM

264 posts, read 364,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Send him a #, and cordially but forcefully ask the right questions. Why is it ok to slap EB onto the budget and not on another bill? Why will they not support a stand alone bill?
Exactly. Ask him why federally-funded EB is germane to a state budget, but it's not germane to another unemployment benefits bill.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:43 AM

191 posts, read 218,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcar View Post
True but you must be blameless in your arguements. He may well be a bigott but you can not appeal to him for change if you continue to put him on the defensive and label him. No one likes to receive negative criticism about themselves even if it is true.
The thing is I have sent countless emails before and today is the day that I have gotten any feedback at all. Some have been the generic same ol. Any logical and sensible person can take negative criticism and handle it introspectively. They have to be called out, they are to blame partially if not entirely.

169 posts, read 204,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Add media fax numbers in while you at it. From the east to the west. Stokes county to Lenoir to all in between media. Ironically, some of the repubs represent counties that are in the worst shape. These people do not have the means to be heard. Email me at ewestbrock@live.com with your spreadsheet, I'll work up my own letter and add folks to it and hit the right buttons.
919 Area Code

715-5815 715-7586 733-2599 733-3113 733-6595 754-3255 754-3339 755-2270 828-7913 832-8637

118 posts, read 143,590 times
Default confused????

Hi, just found this forum GREAT JOB! TO ALL!!

Ive been sending the emails and phone calls daily for the past month.

Please clear up somthing for me, I would have went on eb the week after the 16 so will I be retro payed and if not what will happen for me???

Old 05-19-2011, 11:45 AM

264 posts, read 313,668 times
sweet! I'm on it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
919 Area Code

715-5815 715-7586 733-2599 733-3113 733-6595 754-3255 754-3339 755-2270 828-7913 832-8637

Old 05-19-2011, 11:47 AM

57 posts, read 70,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lw2011 View Post
Hi, just found this forum GREAT JOB! TO ALL!!

Ive been sending the emails and phone calls daily for the past month.

Please clear up somthing for me, I would have went on eb the week after the 16 so will I be retro payed and if not what will happen for me???
I am not sure but I think what happens in your case is your benefits willl start the day they are reinstated. Retro is only for those who were on it before the cut-off date. But you should call someone at the Unemployment office who is informed on this.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:50 AM

264 posts, read 364,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
There was no name calling. That's why I said wow.
Would you mind posting your exact email?

Old 05-19-2011, 11:51 AM

191 posts, read 218,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
Would you mind posting your exact email?
https://www.city-data.com/forum/north...yment-716.html

Old 05-19-2011, 11:59 AM

44 posts, read 63,901 times
New jobless claims drop for 2nd straight week - Business - Eye on the Economy - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com

I really don't think the EB will be re-established anytime soon & when/if it is perhaps even the revised look-back criteria won't trigger it.

Like the rest of you, I'm in in a difficult position - my highly technical skills are eroding from lack of use, I'm 49 so around the age where it becomes an "issue", job search has been hampered by multiple pinched nerves affecting arm/hand usage which made it difficult to work at the computer for very long (not to mention explaining the problem to potential employers), medical bills & finally surgery tapped me out - now COBRA is gone so I don't know how I'll afford pain meds/insurance.

To top it off I had moved to Charlotte for my previous position, so no family for support & the friends I made were from work but when they were laid off they moved. I stayed here because it's one of the main centers for my industry so I thought easier to find a job, plus the doctors were familiar with my case & after awhile the cost to move became an issue.

I had a cat for company but she developed kidney disease which I couldn't afford to effectively treat & my little girl died at only 8 years old. I live in fear about lack of support because I have lower back problems as well - I've fallen & it took 15 hours of excruciating pain to inch myself 20 feet to the door, where luckily I had left a foam roller along with a box for goodwill so I was able to use those two items to push open the double deadbolts so help could reach me.

I believe that people have been misguided, perhaps even biased against the Republicans on this issue. The Republicans were/are doing what we voted them in to do, they will not budge on passing a responsible budget because that's what their campaign was about - no voter will care about the EB when elections come back around.

The darn governor could've resolved this by doing her job with either a workable budget or a good-faith effort to negotiate. Perdue had the GA's budget for a couple of months & ignored it. When EB was attached to force discussion she vetoed it & did not attempt to negotiate. Perdue should've been the focus of efforts for resolution but she can manipulate things so well & has turned it around. We had enough GA members on the fence to override the veto but I don't think there was nearly enough pressure on them, now the governor has them back on her side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina