Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 06:21 PM

21 posts, read 60,205 times

Advertisements

cowboy wilhelm, thanks for the pictures! I especially love the 2nd one. awsome! do you trail ride? I'd love to hear form anybody who does trail ride in the tryon area. I want to know what the footing is like on the FETA trails or any other trail system. thanks!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 06:25 PM

3,317 posts, read 9,200,464 times
Quote:
I'd love to hear form anybody who does trail ride in the tryon area.
My stepmom and daddy ride trails around their and other's property.

They also go to the local fox hunts. Liz

Old 03-28-2007, 06:31 PM

21 posts, read 60,205 times
Default trail riding

do you know where they trail ride? I'd love to get details about the trails as far as how nice they are and hows the footing and how often do they close the trails. I'm also curious to know the weather. thanks

Old 03-28-2007, 06:41 PM

3,317 posts, read 9,200,464 times
Actually their property borders the trail they ride, along with several others near them.

Since I haven't actually been on the trail, I have no idea of the condition but it is ridden regularity so it should be in pretty good condition.

I don't know if they EVER close the trails. For most of the year it's great weather wise but sometimes in the winter, it will sleet/ice over but not often. (about 5 days a year-not should of the exact figure) And it does rain there.

My stepmom has even ridden the trail IN the rain, just not a thunder storm. Liz

Old 04-28-2007, 07:51 PM

32 posts, read 127,759 times
I don't know about Southern Pines, but I am familiar with Tryon. I would often visit my favorite aunt and uncle there when they were alive. I first saw Tryon and mountains (!) back in 1970 when my aunt and uncle took their 3 kids (my cousins) and me there on a summer vacation. We all lived in Ohio at the time. I was awestruck by the beauty of the mountains! They moved there around 1973. Having visited Tryon often over 30 years, I'd say choose Tryon. Such a quaint town, nice people and oh so beautiful! I've almost convinced my hubby to move us up there when he retires! We're in Florida now, which I love, but I realllllly love the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina