Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2006, 11:28 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,576,825 times

Advertisements

Hello My family (wife and four kids) and I are considering moving to NC. We live in a real small town in Maine and would like to move to a similar type town in NC. Iam a trucker and location doesnt really matter. MY family loves the out of doors ie: swimming walking fishing hunting etc any suggestions? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2006, 11:35 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie
Hello My family (wife and four kids) and I are considering moving to NC. We live in a real small town in Maine and would like to move to a similar type town in NC. Iam a trucker and location doesnt really matter. MY family loves the out of doors ie: swimming walking fishing hunting etc any suggestions? Thanks
Plenty. Are you interested in living in the Coastal Plain, Piedmont or Mountain Region of NC?

Old 06-15-2006, 03:01 AM

787 posts, read 3,582,709 times
While they do some hunting doing the appropriate seasons here in Greene County (coastal plain area) I think there might be more hunting in the mountains than down here. My father use to hunt. And bring home squirrels to eat. I have no idea how many I ate before he told me when I was about 10 what they were but I can tell you how many I ate afterwards. None.
I just am not into this eating off the land and game food. Now they have a lot of turkey houses down here and if they died of certain things, they are still edible and I have eaten that. But I didn't pluck it. My first MIL did that. I remember once my first inlaws had chickens. The rooster flew up and scratched up Joey, one of the grandchildren when he was about 4 or so. My MIL ran that chicken down until he caught him and my MIL made chicken salad out of him. I am funny about things like that. I probably couldn't eat lobster either. I know they boil them alive and the thoughts of picking out my still alive supper is a little more than I can handle. So I didn't eat the children. Bad rooster or not, I had seen him running all over that yard for the better part of a year. I guess I sound like Madeline and the chicken they got alive and cooked that Madeline had named Fred.
But there are plenty of places that you will be able to find that should fulfill your dreams. Narrow down the section of the state that you are the most interested in and I am sure these people and myself can come up with some choices for you to take a look at. Welcome to North Carolina.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:02 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,405,822 times
Pittsboro is a cute little town...lots of country around it but a quaint little downtown core with historic buildings, shops, etc.

Old 06-15-2006, 10:32 AM
JAS

582 posts, read 2,040,864 times
Default Trucking

Charlotte and the Greensboro area have the most trucking jobs in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina