Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 09:00 AM

146 posts, read 910,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
CJ , it doesnt change anything if the detectives were black or white, they were cops and the original post was about NC cops doing things to NJ people(not NC black cops doing things to NJ black people).

the cops were wrong, period and the NC cops are no worse than jersey cops or NYC cops or boston or philly cops who beat people on a regular basis--i live in downtown Philly and it happens all the time here.
Um hello, you were they one who mentioned race, I was responding to that.
You said "NJ cops pull over blacks just for driving is what I heard"

So thats why I said what I said. And I didn't say it was right, I said it was wrong, so what are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2007, 09:03 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,919,458 times
sorry but I didnt say you said it was right or wrong, i was talking about the cops in NY and NJ doing things to people(mentioned black as a matter of fact) just as the original poster assumed NC cops were profiling only NJ people,

so I dont know what you are talking about the race was only a peripheral issue not the main issue--it was COPS! black was equating to NJ people

Old 02-02-2007, 11:01 AM

1,486 posts, read 4,161,245 times
Default a few cases and all is bad?

I know that the cases mentioned were horrible. You cant blame all cops for what some do, that is not giving the good ones a chance. You will always hear more about bad cops because the public remembers it more. I have only seen cops here follow the laws myself here. My friend is a NY cop and to be a good cop is toucg because they have to watch so many of the bad people they put in get out so fast and easy. But yes the ones that are breaking the laws or doing worse should be punished, not a slap on the wrist.

I dont think that NJ cops pulling over blacks was ever proven, just a rumor that was never dis-proven.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:18 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,358,405 times
OYE! NC and SC cops pull everybody over! Although I've never seen a Lexus / Benz / Jaguar idling on the side of the road with our HP's finest by the front driver window! Careful coming down Black Mountain - cruiser usually at the bottom, just waiting...... , but I don't think they'd taser anyone....

Old 02-02-2007, 02:46 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,682,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
OYE! NC and SC cops pull everybody over! Although I've never seen a Lexus / Benz / Jaguar idling on the side of the road with our HP's finest by the front driver window! Careful coming down Black Mountain - cruiser usually at the bottom, just waiting...... , but I don't think they'd taser anyone....
LOL....See higher end cars pulled over quite often coming in and out of Wake Forest....having an expensive car is no protection from getting pulled over.

I agree with the no problems with being tasered though....

Old 02-04-2007, 01:12 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,358,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-FROM-NJ View Post
I have been hearing horror stories about NC cops stun gunning people down there. Is what I hear true?
No, but you better be careful if you change lanes suddenly, have a dirty car, and have a messy interior. A few years ago, Iredell County's finest pulled over a car meeting that description, on suspicion of running drugs. Turns out the occupants were, but "...change lanes suddenly, have a dirty car, and have a messy interior." - I don't know about you guys, but that describes me and most of the people I know! My girlfriend and I just howled!!!!

Old 02-09-2007, 12:43 PM
NY.

1 posts, read 1,967 times
Default NC cops

They will. They did to me!
Get your plates changed quickly or I would not go!

Old 02-09-2007, 02:28 PM

473 posts, read 1,738,983 times
I am from NJ and in NC and I haven't had that happen to me yet. Thenagain as long as I keep my mouth shut you won't know I am from NJ !!!

Old 02-26-2007, 04:56 AM

4 posts, read 157,538 times
Default north carolina cops will give New yorkers and people from New jersey hard time

Cops here in New York are a lot better then in NC cant say they are perfect but better then NC. I was threatened from a young NC cop. This cop I thought had a real southern accent he even cocked his gun at me! All because I was pulled over near a shopping center to let my 7year old son out to get an ice cream and waited for him to come out. There was no sign saying no standing..
He would not let me wait for my son, he was going to arrest me if I did not park my car in the parking area. It turns out that he is originally from Boston only moved to Cary NC 3 years ago. The accent was fake fake!
I guess for him to survive down there he had to become southern.
I do not miss north Carolina at all.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:37 AM

702 posts, read 2,528,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-FROM-NJ View Post
Do NC cops hate NJ People?
Of course they do...doesn't everybody hate NJ people?

I'm not sure how N.C. cops would know a NJ person if they saw one...do y'all wear some kind of uniform color? or a badge? It's doubtful that they can recognize a NJ accent - y'all know everything above D.C. sounds just alike...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina