Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 06:00 AM

47 posts, read 210,433 times

Advertisements

I have been following this forum board for about a year now and I still am confused on where to post with specific questions about my location. Sometimes it gets moved to Western, sometimes to Charlotte. Just wondering if Hickory and its surrounding small towns have their own forum? I live in Caldwell County. When ever I post in the Western NC section, my responses are extremely limited. Not complaining, just wondering.... and I thank those who moderate and work these boards.... I have gotton tons of info from this board and it eased the transition from OK to NC.

Jeff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 06:20 AM

5,660 posts, read 27,001,034 times
City of Hickory - Catawba County (Piedmont) Main NC Forum
Granite Falls - Caldwell County (Mountain Region) Western NC Sub-forum
Lenoir - Caldwell County (Mountain Region) Western NC Sub-forum

I wouldn't consider any of the above towns a suburb of Charlotte.

http://www.geology.enr.state.nc.us/p...phy_600dpi.pdf

Old 03-04-2008, 08:39 AM

100 posts, read 417,908 times
Thumbs up Thanks MM34B--

Nice link.
fredda

Old 03-04-2008, 09:52 AM

648 posts, read 2,980,553 times
That is a pretty map, but I would argue that it puts all three towns in question in the "general NC" forum. Lenoir lies along the line from Wilkesboro to Morganton, towns with roughly the same elevation and towns I (and the map given) do not consider to be in the mountains.

You gotta draw the line somewhere, though. Our mountains aren't nearly as defined as those in Colorado, where it pretty much goes from flat to vertical west of Denver and Boulder. Thus this question may never be definitively answered.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:45 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,001,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperwx View Post
That is a pretty map, but I would argue that it puts all three towns in question in the "general NC" forum. Lenoir lies along the line from Wilkesboro to Morganton, towns with roughly the same elevation and towns I (and the map given) do not consider to be in the mountains.

You gotta draw the line somewhere, though. Our mountains aren't nearly as defined as those in Colorado, where it pretty much goes from flat to vertical west of Denver and Boulder. Thus this question may never be definitively answered.
No, I said Caldwell County belongs in the Western NC sub-forum so we don't have to split counties that lie in both regions. I guess one could call them foothill counties, such as Surry, Wilkes, Caldwell, Burke, McDowell, Rutherford and Polk.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/1322401-post1.html

Last edited by mm34b; 03-05-2008 at 06:27 PM..

Old 03-05-2008, 05:45 PM

6 posts, read 41,248 times
Are you familiar with Anchors Landing ?

Old 11-23-2008, 08:26 AM

20 posts, read 72,094 times
Try www.homesandland.com and use their map, it breaks things down into 3 parts, western, central and eastern with a breakdown of all the NC counties as well.
Trish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina